Countdown To Eggs! For June hatches 😊

Pics

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
I have a flock of 10, all hatched in June this year 6/3, 6/10 and 6/21).

Since the first just turned 12 weeks, I am getting excited watching them mature and get their new feathers, while they work out the pecking order.

I am hoping to get an egg by November (worry that light might play a part), but I think October is a possibility! None of mine are production breeds, so I don’t think anyone will be super early.

Feel free to join this thread if you also have June babies, and let’s wait together to see when each of our ladies lays their first egg! Post a pic of the egg and who laid it! (General location would be awesome too, to see if it had any impact). Once the first lays, I’m sure the posts will come flying in!

As we speak on it, I’ve just discovered the egg of a new BC layer. Tiny little thing!
image.jpg

Mary just laid her first egg! She's 19 weeks. My husband heard her screaming the egg song from inside the coop so I went out to check. I found her scratching around in the nest box, so I put the fake eggs back in and went back inside. Heard her again, but this time she was outside the coop in the run and the nest box was messed up again, but she left a tiny surprise!

PXL_20221110_180105394.jpg

PXL_20221110_180529028.jpg

@Iluveggers Did you end up with any accidental roosters in your orders?
Not that I can see, believe it or not! One SLW has been very red from the beginning, but comb is small & I seem to remember one of my GLW was the same last year. We ended up with 6 out of 9 cockerels in the hatchlings i kept though, lol. My aunts will each keep 1, the rest will be winter dinners.

I have a flock of 10, all hatched in June this year 6/3, 6/10 and 6/21).

Since the first just turned 12 weeks, I am getting excited watching them mature and get their new feathers, while they work out the pecking order.

I am hoping to get an egg by November (worry that light might play a part), but I think October is a possibility! None of mine are production breeds, so I don’t think anyone will be super early.

Feel free to join this thread if you also have June babies, and let’s wait together to see when each of our ladies lays their first egg! Post a pic of the egg and who laid it! (General location would be awesome too, to see if it had any impact). Once the first lays, I’m sure the posts will come flying in!
Are you kidding? I have March and April birds that I’m still hoping will lay by November. I also have June birds, so I guess I’m cleared to join in. 😁

I have some CQs from about the same time. We’ll be needing to see some pics of these bantam Cochins you speak of.

Well, if you insist. 😁 This was the whole brood a couple weeks ago; silkied Blacks and Blues, and smooth Chocolates. Not many destined to lay eggs in this group, unfortunately, but that's how it goes with hatching sometimes.

Black collage.jpg
Blue collage.jpg
Chocolate and mixed color collage.jpg

Back
Top Bottom