Countdown To Eggs! For June hatches 😊

Someone keeps messing up the eggs and bedding in the nest boxes…I check every day just in case but nothing yet! I think my Welsummer will be first but the Faverolles turned red almost overnight so she could be a surprise winner. Lol
Same here. I got a dozen Cinnamon Queens.

Still no eggs but some major progress on the new coop. I think I’ll call it “A Coop with a View”. Since they’ll have windows out to the east.

3B63AA6D-A3EF-4B80-A300-81A4498A3B6E.jpeg

Mary just laid her first egg! She's 19 weeks. My husband heard her screaming the egg song from inside the coop so I went out to check. I found her scratching around in the nest box, so I put the fake eggs back in and went back inside. Heard her again, but this time she was outside the coop in the run and the nest box was messed up again, but she left a tiny surprise!

PXL_20221110_180105394.jpg

PXL_20221110_180529028.jpg

Leave it to a Leghorn to get the egg laying started! Congrats!!

I'm still waiting, waiting, waiting on my June bantam Cochins... My naked neck bantam that hatched around Easter is getting super close now, though! She's been chattery and flush in the face, and I've seen her check out the nests a couple times now. Every day I expect to see a little egg in the boxes accompanying the hand full of eggs from my older girls, but not yet... :fl

Mary just laid her first egg! She's 19 weeks. My husband heard her screaming the egg song from inside the coop so I went out to check. I found her scratching around in the nest box, so I put the fake eggs back in and went back inside. Heard her again, but this time she was outside the coop in the run and the nest box was messed up again, but she left a tiny surprise!

View attachment 3318435
View attachment 3318436
Mine are tearing the nest up every day but still no eggs. I should probably go shame the whole bunch for not being first! Already got their punishment planned out. My daughter is using them for her science project.

Congratulations to Mary!

Still waiting here, also. Although there’s been a few more squatting and combs are getting bigger & redder all around. I check every day after work, but still nothing! The oldest two, my FBCM (who will probably take awhile as I’ve heard Marans do) and SF, are both 23 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom