Countdown To Eggs! For June hatches 😊

Pics
My June BCM hen. Wonder why she’s the favorite? 🤷‍♀️

View attachment 3249644

This is the chick pictured in my avatar. June HAL chicks, Blue laced red Wyandotte roo and Olive egger (Legbar/Welsummer) hen. She threw me for awhile with her dark shoulder but she is 100% pullet. She is so pretty. I wish she was friendlier.

View attachment 3249656
View attachment 3249655

A few group shots. All chicks from June or July.
View attachment 3249660View attachment 3249661View attachment 3249665View attachment 3249666View attachment 3249658View attachment 3249664
Very pretty birds! My BLRW is stuck up too, I figure there's gotta be a snob in every group :idunno

My brown leghorn hit 16 weeks today and her (honestly, it's pretty reddish) comb has definitely gotten bigger over the past week, but with how big leghorn combs get in general, I think she still has a few weeks to go. I feel it in my gut that she'll be laying by the end of the month though. My white leghorn hit 14 weeks today and her comb is still very uncolored and tiny, so there's a big difference in how the combs look between my two leghorns and I'm thinking the white one will start laying at an older age than the brown will.

Got a picture of the girls this morning!

Mary, 16wks
PXL_20221004_154534071~2.jpg

Marshmallow, 14wks
PXL_20221004_155814542~2.jpg

Big difference! Haha

I see exactly what you mean about their combs. I really wanted Leghorns this year. Never happened but they’re on my shortlist of next year’s chicks.

I found out that Sandhill Preservation has some fun leghorn colors, and I'm eyeballing getting a mille fleur leghorn next year if they open that color up for sales. I love that color palette :D

https://www.sandhillpreservation.com/chickens

Back
Top Bottom