Counting down the day until baby chicks get here!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lolita117, Jan 31, 2012.

1. lolita117

lolita117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Hestand, KY
    So I order a lot of 34 baby chicks of various breeds from a hatchery and I'm way too excited about them getting here. I'm counting down the days. They should ship between March.20-22. I just can't.

Who else is counting down the days????

I've got 51 days!!!!!

2. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    There is nothing like getting new chicks or finding your first egg. [​IMG]

3. luvmyEs

luvmyEs Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Mine will be here in 22 days! I am excited too!

4. 2 days! thursday is the big day when i get 37

5. never mind.. mom just called and the guy we get our chicks from, got delayed... so now I'm joining the countdown*sigh* 22 days.

6. lolita117

Mar 12, 2011
    Hestand, KY
    51 days for me seems too long. That was the soonest I could get my order with all the different breeds I was wanting. I should have ordered earlier but I wanted to wait to have the money and pay in full when I placed the order instead of waiting until right before they shipped. Oh well, I can't wait. I might have to get some chicks a little earlier form TSC at the beginning of march, at least a a week or so before. lol. Hubby is going to kill me. I never understood what chicken math was, last year when I first joined BYC. I understand all too well now!

7. Spoiled1_629

Spoiled1_629 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    Midland, TX
    My chicks are due to be here the same week as yours lolita. It is a long time to wait!

8. LaynaDon95

LaynaDon95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    I'm hatching my own and they are due the 11th!!! I can't wait! I technically have some due this Saturday but I don't think they will hatch. Out of three only one has a "something" in it. But I think it's a blood spot. The other two are too dark to see really but from what I can they look clear. I have 34 more after that so I'm not too disappointed.I'm so excited!! [​IMG]

9. lolita117

Mar 12, 2011
    Hestand, KY
    Still counting down the days!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

46 to go!!!!!!!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Moores6

Moores6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    I am also waiting. My chicks will be here the week of March 5, 25 RIR will be my first chickens. We ordered straight run. Planning on having 12 layers and one rooster when all is said and done. The rest will be rehomed (layers) or off to freezer camp for the roos. I can't wait for them to get here. I ordered from Meyer. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by