Covered "patio" for my hen

I'm anxious to see pictures of your patio, too! I just ordered a couple of those shade sails to help my chickens with this heat-it's hot here too!
th.gif

Well my dad started the mural yesterday and will be working on it again today for several hours. The hens have enjoyed "helping" him. I am going to love it...it is beautiful so far and is only in the early blocked in stages. I will post pictures of the finished product, hopefully it will be done in a few days.

Yesterday we expanded their yard. The completed yard is 32'x32' and includes a covered porch/patio area off their coop. It is quite lovely. I also dumped the water from the swimming pool that was for the goose we had and filled it with sand in a nice shady area for them to enjoy a sandy bath or two. They still prefer to free range, and I let the do that whenever I am home, but they have to be contained when I leave, so now they have a nice big yard with various shady areas and even some hanging geraniums to liven it up a bit.

I love my chickens, they deserve the best!

Okay, here are pictures of the completed mural. My name for my little chicken farm is now The Coop De Ville Farm. Enjoy!

98950_010.jpg

98950_054.jpg

Here is the front of the coop. I am now going to paint it to match the yellow in the sunflowers on the mural. We will need to get the roofing on the patio portion. When the colder weather hits we have a panel that covers the bottom of the coop.

98950_091.jpg

Hope you enjoyed looking at my Coop De Ville.

Quote:
Was just thinking about your mural today wondering if it was finished. Looks great and so does your patio cover. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you...I like it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom