• I got the first dose

• I’m not getting

• I don’t think the pandemic is real

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I’m out
Im Out GIF by The Bachelor

Also, something important to remember about the vaccines is the side effects are not "proof of poisoning," they're proof of the fact that your immune system exists. PBS NewsHour sums it up well:

"Your immune system responds to the foreign molecules that make up any vaccine via two different systems.

The initial response is due to what’s called the innate immune response. This system is activated as soon as your cells notice you’ve been exposed to any foreign material, from a splinter to a virus. Its goal is to eliminate the invader. White blood cells called neutrophils and macrophages travel to the intruder and work to destroy it.

This first line of defense is relatively short-lived, lasting hours or days.

The second line of defense takes days to weeks to get up and running. This is the long-lasting adaptive immune response. It relies on your immune system’s T and B cells that learn to recognize particular invaders, such as a protein from the coronavirus. If the invader is encountered again, months or even years in the future, it’s these immune cells that will recognize the old enemy and start generating the antibodies that will take it down.

In the case of the SARS-CoV-2 vaccines, it takes approximately two weeks to develop the adaptive response that brings long-lasting protection against the virus.

When you get the vaccine shot, what you’re noticing in the first day or two is part of the innate immune response: your body’s inflammatory reaction, aimed at quickly clearing the foreign molecules that breached your body’s perimeter."

Man I wish I could get vaccinated for ANYTHING these days. Unfortunately my allergies put a hard stop on that--I can't find any vaccines that wouldn't put me into anaphylactic shock.

All sorts of fun when you've got an 'essential' job and your only defense is a face mask and hoping your clients are taking it as seriously as you...

Anyway, I appreciate everyone who's gotten their vaccine series, not only for covid but for any contagious disease. I am one of those people who relies on herd immunity to stay healthy and I am forever grateful that you're doing something to protect me as well as yourself. Stay safe and healthy, everyone!

Hi, so I’ve seen Buttonhoarders thread on the covid shot club but it went a little wild and I can’t tell who got it and who isn’t :D

I’m not getting but a few of my family members are.
If you got it did you have a reaction to it?
If you’re not getting why aren’t you?

s you may be able to tell I like to hear people’s opinions on things 🤣
-Sweet Duck :) :) :) :)
I'm fully vaccinated.

It's funny, my sister refused to get her second dose because it hasn't been approved by the FDA yet, but like a week, or week, & half after we got our second dose it got approved by the FDA. We got the Moderna Shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom