CPS/Child welfare/DCYF info

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by littlefarm_bighappy, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Oct 23, 2008
    Northwestern Minnesota
    Quote:I dont think they are corrupt, I think they are jaded...

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I totally agree with you on this! I've seen so many children abused BY the abused kids...Its a nasty cycle. [​IMG]

3. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Oct 23, 2008
    Northwestern Minnesota
    I understand that the kids live thru nightmares... I work with foster kids and have one who had had 13 placements in 2 years...but I still think that they should be kept seperate from the other kids at child care centers or more closely monitored. My kids suddenly think its ok to do a lot of things that are not ok and when I asked them where they saw this or that they tell me it was a foster kid. Its a oain to deal with because i WORK with these kids and we have data privacy and then my kids go to day care with them and I have to figure out how to address the issues without violating privacy practices...

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I'm not going to play word games with you... [​IMG] And i never said you were a liar..I said there was more to the stories then we are hearing. And you know it.
    I'm not going to argue with you... But i do notice that you leave out the fact that i said yes, some things in the system DO need to change.. Hello? [​IMG]

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Again..I'm not angry at all. I DO think that parents should know their rights. This is just one more false statement you have made here. Dont twist my words and make false statements, its really pretty tacky of you. If you go back and actually read my posts, you will see that i said i agreed that CPS needs to change somehow...somethings NEED to be fixed. How convenient of you to miss that part of my posts.. [​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I dont think they are corrupt, I think they are jaded...

This is true also..many have seen so much..so much..
    And they are over worked also. They have soooo many cases to keep up with..
    and always inside..do i believe these parents? Do i leave this kid here? I would want that job, no way. I'd never sleep at night wondering if i made the right choices in families lives..

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Right..there it is..all the laws.. [​IMG]
    Sadly, it usually takes a child to do something very serious to get them to take notice and do something. And those are the kids/teens i work with. The ones that have harmed others..usually (but not always) because they were themselves harmed. In my house, we cant have any bio children living here under the eage of 16..i have to have alarms on the kids doors. They all (of course) have seperate bedrooms. They can never go into another kids room..etc...we have all kinds of safety plans in place here..

And you also bring up another point that has bothered me..the safety of the other school kids...trust me...i warn the teachers in all kinds of ways. I dont/cant tell them the childs personal business..BUT i CAN give little hints.. i ask for a daily behavior report..the teachers get whats going on and are more than willing to help me out.
    I've also fought tooth and nail this last year...I have child that says inappropriate things to girls in his program..and it bothered the girls (they are 16-17..but have the mentality of 8-12 year olds) I told the school/case workers/DCF guardians that he HAD to be more closely monitered there..the school said they didnt have to do that..it wasnt in his IEP plan...they were under staffed..etc...etc..
    I threatened them all that if this kid did something that i would tell EVERYONE..(including the girls parents) that i had warned people and noone took heed of what i said...

I feel that if you do this job and take on these high risk kids..you HAVE to protect the community. And I'll fight the system if its not happening.

Now you see why i've almost lost my job several times.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator

Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State
    Great info everyone.
    I think we have covered everything.

Thanks for your participation!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: