Cracked egg to check fertility.. please help!

they
'll be delayed, depending on how long it was low, but many people turn it down once hatching starts
could be a day or 2 late, just keep an eye for an internal

Wow I don't know how long it's been low! What if it's been low the whole time? Ok I'll just keep a close watch on them I hope everything works out

I'm afraid to ask if any babies are here yet, been hoping for good news

Unfortunately the last one died today
1f622.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
hopefully I'm gonna get some calls from another byc member and my hubby ordered 15 more eggs so all I can do is try again

Unfortunately the last one died today
1f622.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
hopefully I'm gonna get some calls from another byc member and my hubby ordered 15 more eggs so all I can do is try again
Sorry :hugs calls are very very hard to hatch :hugs make sure you calibrate your hygro and thermo :hugs

Sorry :hugs calls are very very hard to hatch :hugs make sure you calibrate your hygro and thermo :hugs

I have 18 call duck eggs incubating right now and now I'm getting nervous wondering if any of them will hatch. Why are they so much more difficult to hatch verses another breed of duck?

Ok I am gonna get a second and third thermometer to put in the incubator lol he ordered 15 from one person and 10 from another lol I'm determined lol

I literally have 3 different thermometers in both my incubators and every single one reads different!! It's so freaking frustrating! I have calibrated, kept humidity in check, read so much stuff my brain hurts, last year I found an abandoned duck egg and just set it under a heat lamp in my garage with a thermometer next to it and kept it consistent with the temp, I had a beautiful fully developed Mallard when it was done and simply winged the entire thing. Sometimes I wonder if we don't over complicate things... I'm in the same boat of determination... I will drive myself mad by the time this is all said and done ..

I literally have 3 different thermometers in both my incubators and every single one reads different!! It's so freaking frustrating! I have calibrated, kept humidity in check, read so much stuff my brain hurts, last year I found an abandoned duck egg and just set it under a heat lamp in my garage with a thermometer next to it and kept it consistent with the temp, I had a beautiful fully developed Mallard when it was done and simply winged the entire thing. Sometimes I wonder if we don't over complicate things... I'm in the same boat of determination... I will drive myself mad by the time this is all said and done ..

Wow!!! I agree 100%! I wish I just had the knowledge of a momma duck lol and then it would be so easy! I am determined to get a call duck though! And I really want to hatch it so it will imprint on me!

What day are ur calls on????

Back
Top Bottom