Cracked egg to check fertility.. please help!

Out of my 18 call ducks only 5 have visible signs of life...

I have 18 call duck eggs incubating right now and now I'm getting nervous wondering if any of them will hatch. Why are they so much more difficult to hatch verses another breed of duck?
its their short bills and necks makes it hard to turn and get out
Ok I am gonna get a second and third thermometer to put in the incubator lol he ordered 15 from one person and 10 from another lol I'm determined lol
CALIBRATE!!!!!
I literally have 3 different thermometers in both my incubators and every single one reads different!! It's so freaking frustrating! I have calibrated, kept humidity in check, read so much stuff my brain hurts, last year I found an abandoned duck egg and just set it under a heat lamp in my garage with a thermometer next to it and kept it consistent with the temp, I had a beautiful fully developed Mallard when it was done and simply winged the entire thing. Sometimes I wonder if we don't over complicate things... I'm in the same boat of determination... I will drive myself mad by the time this is all said and done ..
what method did you use? what thermos/hygros??
Out of my 18 call ducks only 5 have visible signs of life...
YAYYY!!! give the others more time, i dont toss any unless they leak or stink

But at least u got some that's alive

CALIBRATE!!!!!

I have not bothered the eggs just turning them, 6 have embryos all have heartbeats and 2 have eye spots..must be some slow ones in there, idk

CALIBRATE!!!!!

I candled again and noticed one had a little red vein so I moves him to the incubator I trust is working at 100%
Today the embryo was much bigger
The other eggs just have a yolk, how long should I wait before losing hope. Clearly they are all developing differently.

I have not bothered the eggs just turning them, 6 have embryos all have heartbeats and 2 have eye spots..must be some slow ones in there, idk
I candled again and noticed one had a little red vein so I moves him to the incubator I trust is working at 100%
Today the embryo was much bigger
The other eggs just have a yolk, how long should I wait before losing hope. Clearly they are all developing differently.
dont pull anything unless it stinks or leaks
stink is VERY noticeable, when i would turn my eggs i would randomly sniff them, make sure you are also rotating them around the bator, you could have hot/cold spots which will change the rate of development

dont pull anything unless it stinks or leaks
stink is VERY noticeable, when i would turn my eggs i would randomly sniff them, make sure you are also rotating them around the bator, you could have hot/cold spots which will change the rate of development

Trust me I am learning this daily. I think I have all the eggs in the warm spots...

Back
Top Bottom