Crafters- What are you making???

Pics
OMG!!!! How clever!!!! I wish like heck you had a picture of that but you can bet my next trip to goodwill I'll be coming home with a record album!!!!! You could make a thmeed gift out of that by adding a music dvd, and a bottle of wine, maye some cheese and crackers......sooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
How about decopage (spelling) onto a jar or glass, paint elmers glue over the whole jar and sprinkle glitter on the wet glue. Then when its finished, you can put candy or a candle into it.
You could always let them decopage the jar, then hard boil eggs, let them peel them, put them into the jar you decopaged, pour in a mix of vinegar, sugar, salt for pickled eggs... along with the recipe.

That project could take a while, and then they could share with the family the project.

for Christmas, we have only done homemade gifts, one year we made "redneck weather stations" , it was a riot. We needed to cut a birch tree down (so we recycled), made a stand by criss crossing boards, leaving a few limb stubs, placed suet in a onion bag, peanut butter and bird seed in holes we drilled a peg on top for bread or doughnuts, fruit in summer for the oreols . Then 1/2 of a beer can - if it has water in it, then it rained- but then the bailing twine, braided is used to see if the wind is blowing, icey- its freezing out , etc. Then with a black sharpie pen, we wrote the measurements on the side of the tree giving a read on how deep the snow is.
Everyone thought it was a hoot.
But I do preserve a lot of things, make bee less honey, hot peppers etc. I used to do the knitting/crochetting, but no more, been there, done that. I have made the kids blankets, covers along with hats, mittens and stockings.
Its great to see where others make gifts, its more from the heart and less from the commercialization of Christmas.

Quote:
I am also very impressed with your work- super job! One suggestion for your husband, have a nice picture of you and your family, frame it and make some copies that he can put in his wallet. We often hate to have our pics taken, yet its the nicest thing we can give.
If you want to doctor it up, make your own frame from a dream catcher style -small sticks glued with the pic in the center, so many clever things! Thank you for sharing your photos, I am not the only one that appreciates the pics, again, great job!

Quote:
I think I have one left that I made for us, so I'll try to get a photo and post it for you. Yes, you can definitely do the theme thing. I did one for a friend who is a movie buff, so did movie theme songs on the label and put popcorn and candy (bought at the dollar store!) and a gift card for Blockbuster. People just loved them and they are SO easy to do!
Liz

lizards those are really really cool! Are you making them out of 45's 33's? I would love to see a picture of the bowl that you use to get a good idea of the size. This may be my next Christmas present project!

Greatidea!!

I would like to make tote bags or purses, they are very simple but I just didnt have the time last year. Maybe I should start early this year.

Okay, here are a couple of pictures of what the bowl made from a record looks like. Hope the photos helps everyone.
Okiemommy - I use 33s, but I imagine you could use 45s, although they would be kind of small. I don't remember which bowl I used
lol.png
I remember it was one with the top about the same size as the album, but a slightly smaller one would do too.

Recordbowl002.jpg

Recordbowl001.jpg

ams3651 - what a good idea! With everyone wanting to go green these days and bring their own bags to the grocery store, what about making some of those? I've been thinking about doing this for myself - using some canvas and stenciling some cute designs. As a gift, you could put in a loaf of bread and some cheap wine! Thanks for that idea!
Liz

oooooohhhhhh!That is so awesoooooooooome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knowing the size of the bowl in relation to the album is perfect! I didnt know quite what to ask lol

I get followed by the Loss Prevention at Walmart when I take my bags(that I bought from them) in to shop. Maybe it's b/c I put my items in the bags before checking out! But c'mon ppl use some common sense....I have a double umbrella stroller, and another toddler with me that walks. How am I going to push a basket?? (not easily anyway with out tons of stress. I can do it just choose not to if I don't have to b/c it's not the easiest thing in the world) It made sense to me lol I still do it. They can follow me all they want, I don't steal. Meanwhile I'm sure actual thieves are walking out the door with all kinds of stuff
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom