Crashed My Car!!

Quote:
If the car is paid for the insurance company cannot take the car if you do not want them to since you own the car. You will have to settle with the insurance company on the value of the car and then get a salvage title.

A hail storm here in Tulsa in Spring 2005 totalled my paid for car that was still perfectly drivable, if a little reminiscent of a golf ball. They wanted to take it, I refused flat out. I was a poor college grad with no job and couldn't afford a new car at that time. I got to keep the car, about $1500 bucks since that was the estimated value or some such, and had to go get a new title issued to reflect the 'salvage' status of the vehicle.

They are going to fix my car!!! Yay!! I was not looking forward to the problems that would come with having to have a "salvage title" on the car.

I will make sure they check out the suspension. It drives fine, isn't pulling or going down the street sideways. My husband drove it right after the crash, to make sure it was ok for me to safely drive it. I have been driving since and it is doing fine.

Last night I was not hopeful it would be fixed, so I was trying to think of what kind of car I would like to get to replace it. Funny, I couldn't think of any kinds I would like to have!

Back
Top Bottom