Crazy Chickens People Thread (I hope this catches on!!!)

Those are just the tip of the iceberg. Total I have:

4 mamas with 6 babies combined (10)
One mixed flock (5)
6 Pheonix females (6)
3 Sumatra females (3)
2 WFBS bantam hens (2)
1 Ayam Cemani pullet (1)
1 Belgian Quail D'anvers pullet (1)
1 Spitzhauben pullet (1)
6 Cornish bantam pullets, assorted colors (6)
3 turken pullets (3)

Total: 26 hens
Plus 7, maybe 8 roos (Turken, Mixed breed (2 if I keep one and then my mixed flock boy), Ayam Cemani, Cornish bantam, Pheonix, WFBS, Sumatra)
Plus a Pheonix is on a nest of 10 eggs now

Oh, and some of my chickens' names:
Trouble, Eskimo, Hazel, Mist, Twist, Cookies, Cream, Dottie, Dorothy, Beth Harrington, Dolly, Georgiana, ZuZu, Sapphire, Gold Puff, Sweetie, Sweet Pea, Red, Ruby, Cherry, Shirley...
Here are my girls
IMG_20200804_102216.jpg

Olive
IMG_20200804_102211.jpg

Luna
IMG_20200804_101947.jpg

Betty
IMG_20200804_101746.jpg

Mona
We dont have eggs yet but they are 14 weeks old!

Aww, how cute! Well I hope that your chicken adventures are all great!

Yeah, I'm thinking of pulling the eggs in a week or two and trying to get her to take day olds and incubate the eggs myself. Poor girl, this is her 5th attempt this summer and something (mice probably) always eat her eggs. I wish she would let me just pen her up so they were all safe

Yeah, I'm thinking of pulling the eggs in a week or two and trying to get her to take day olds and incubate the eggs myself. Poor girl, this is her 5th attempt this summer and something (mice probably) always eat her eggs. I wish she would let me just pen her up so they were all safe
Aww, well I hope they all hatch and nothing eats them... The poor thing

Let me know how it goes!

The husband finally agreed to let me do heritage meat birds, so this is our modest flock (lost a few to cocci) of Barbezieux: View attachment 2275696
We don't shy away from naming meaties, so this flock includes Big Chungus (big roo), Huckleberry (lil roo), Queenie, Blackberry and Chuck/Charlotte (Mr. insists it's a roo but I beg to differ).

We also brought on 3 mosaics because we heard great things about them and, uhm, it's all true. They are the most personable, chill birds we've had. View attachment 2275697
Lily is my husbands favorite, but we also hold Star and Apollo in high regards.
View attachment 2275698

And our big girls in their (slightly) younger days:
View attachment 2275699
L to R - Bluebell the Andalusian, Daisy the Marans mix, Clover the Barnevelder and Poppy the Buff Orp.

Chickens are all good birds! Chicken tending is a good hobby/lifestyle. Viva la chicken peeps!

By the way, where did you get your mosaics? I've been looking for some eggs to hatch that aren't 40 bucks a piece like their creator hatchery wants

Back
Top Bottom