1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Crazy Picture!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenmomva, May 14, 2007.

1. chickenmomva

chickenmomva Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2007
    Northern Neck,VA
    I asked for help earlier thank you for your speedy response here is a picture of the worst of the bunch..............

[​IMG]

2. chickenmomva

Mar 15, 2007
    Northern Neck,VA
    My DH bought it today that way it is 20 weeks old .........red sex linked......we got 3 and they are all the same way........it scared me to death I have never seen a bird with its beak like that

I assume it was done so that they would not peck each other it looks horrible

3. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Yup that is exactly what they did. It does look horrible! I cant imagine why one would do that, there are so many non permanent alternatives out there.[​IMG]

4. chickenmomva

Mar 15, 2007
    Northern Neck,VA
    Ok so this is permanent it will always look like that?????????? i wanna throw up!!!!!!!!!

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awww, the poor baby.....I have one like that...got it from a nabor...this guy is WIERD!!!! He does ALL of his this way....so mean...but she is a sweet hen...and a good layer!

6. chickenmomva

Mar 15, 2007
    Northern Neck,VA
    But is it permanent ??????????????

7. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
  8. chickenmomva

Mar 15, 2007
    Northern Neck,VA
    Oh my God..........I will throw up...........I can not believe this...........I need a drink..........

9. ChrissyNC

ChrissyNC Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2007
    Richlands, NC
    Poor baby!! I would say it's permanent. My grandpa used to keep 100's of chickens and he would debeak them this way. It's awful, but it is used in managing large flocks in close quarters.

10. chickenmomva

Mar 15, 2007
    Northern Neck,VA
    I cant even look at them they look so freaky to me...........just gross to me

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by