Cream Legbar Eggs from Ebay.

Pics

Chive

Poultry Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2023
Vermont
I ordered some Cream Legbar Eggs a couple days ago, and they finally arrived today!:celebrate I bid on 11+ eggs off of Ebay and received 15 eggs, which is amazing (the more the better)! All the eggs have detached air cells, which almost always happens with shipped hatching eggs. I know that buying hatching eggs is always a risk: the eggs can break, explode, the inside can get scrambled up, the temperature can also meddle with the eggs, etc. I candled the eggs and thankfully none of them where broken. This is the first time I've ordered hatching eggs, but I have hatched lots of my chickens eggs. A few of my hens eggs have had detached air cells and I just stuck them upside down in an egg carton for a little while and that fixed that problem. I'm just going to let them sit upside down in an egg carton for a day and candle them again before putting them in the incubator. Is there anything else that I should look out for? How long should I wait for the air cells to settle back into place before I should put them in the incubator? I already put some Barnyard Mix chicken hatching eggs in the incubator yesterday, and I was thinking I could just put the Legbar eggs in tomorrow. I have had to keep an egg with a detached air cell in a piece egg carton in the incubator, just so that it stayed upright and the air cell could reattach itself.
Here are some pictures of the eggs. The last picture is the barnyard mix eggs I put in yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG-4778.jpg
    IMG-4778.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG-4782.jpg
    IMG-4782.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-4772.jpg
    IMG-4772.jpg
    775.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-4773.jpg
    IMG-4773.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-4788.jpg
    IMG-4788.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 14
I ordered some Cream Legbar Eggs a couple days ago, and they finally arrived today!:celebrate I bid on 11+ eggs off of Ebay and received 15 eggs, which is amazing (the more the better)! All the eggs have detached air cells, which almost always happens with shipped hatching eggs. I know that buying hatching eggs is always a risk: the eggs can break, explode, the inside can get scrambled up, the temperature can also meddle with the eggs, etc. I candled the eggs and thankfully none of them where broken. This is the first time I've ordered hatching eggs, but I have hatched lots of my chickens eggs. A few of my hens eggs have had detached air cells and I just stuck them upside down in an egg carton for a little while and that fixed that problem. I'm just going to let them sit upside down in an egg carton for a day and candle them again before putting them in the incubator. Is there anything else that I should look out for? How long should I wait for the air cells to settle back into place before I should put them in the incubator? I already put some Barnyard Mix chicken hatching eggs in the incubator yesterday, and I was thinking I could just put the Legbar eggs in tomorrow. I have had to keep an egg with a detached air cell in a piece egg carton in the incubator, just so that it stayed upright and the air cell could reattach itself.
Here are some pictures of the eggs. The last picture is the barnyard mix eggs I put in yesterday.
I'm excited to see what happens, please keep us updated!

were the air cells fully detached? I never have luck if they are free floating in the egg and fully detached. If they are just wiggly and slide down the side of the egg then I normally don't have problems hatching them.

Do you mind me asking what seller you got them from? I searched on ebay and debated for a while on who to order from and finally decided. did a 10+ auction and got 12. I had an amazing hatch rate! and all air cells were perfect! I was shocked!!!

I know you said you are now day 5 and don't see much. hoping something starts but if you want to try again I can give you the link the the one I got mine from.

were the air cells fully detached? I never have luck if they are free floating in the egg and fully detached. If they are just wiggly and slide down the side of the egg then I normally don't have problems hatching them.

Do you mind me asking what seller you got them from? I searched on ebay and debated for a while on who to order from and finally decided. did a 10+ auction and got 12. I had an amazing hatch rate! and all air cells were perfect! I was shocked!!!

I know you said you are now day 5 and don't see much. hoping something starts but if you want to try again I can give you the link the the one I got mine from.
I'd be interested to know what seller you got them from. I may not order right away (have to wait for the incubator) but it's going to be next spring before mine start laying. I don't want the roo to over breed. I planned for 8-10 pullets, but it's looking like out of the 8 pullet colored chicks I got, 3 are Cockerels and 5 are pullets (2 are not actually cream legbars but some other easter egger)

I'd be interested to know what seller you got them from. I may not order right away (have to wait for the incubator) but it's going to be next spring before mine start laying. I don't want the roo to over breed. I planned for 8-10 pullets, but it's looking like out of the 8 pullet colored chicks I got, 3 are Cockerels and 5 are pullets (2 are not actually cream legbars but some other easter egger)
was going to say if they are cream legbars if they have the girl pattern then they are girls. haven't heard of an auto sexing breed being wrong by pattern but if some are EE then that makes sense since they will look like chipmunks but they aren't auto sexing. I was lucky and got 3/3 and I am not keeping the roo's so happy that I got 3 girls.

This is her: https://www.ebay.com/usr/accentsbyjudy2013 She doesn't have any listed yet but normally every couple weeks she will list some. And the eggs aren't as bright as her picture but they are a really pretty color!

was going to say if they are cream legbars if they have the girl pattern then they are girls. haven't heard of an auto sexing breed being wrong by pattern but if some are EE then that makes sense since they will look like chipmunks but they aren't auto sexing. I was lucky and got 3/3 and I am not keeping the roo's so happy that I got 3 girls.

This is her: https://www.ebay.com/usr/accentsbyjudy2013 She doesn't have any listed yet but normally every couple weeks she will list some. And the eggs aren't as bright as her picture but they are a really pretty color!
I guess it can happen with poor breeding and hatchery mistakes. Thank you.

I candled them yesterday and only one was developing😢. Please do send me the link! The seller was americanr-33.

I’ve seen her before! I wanted to buy some of hers but she wasn’t selling any when I bid on mine. Thank you! I’ll have to keep an eye out.

Yeah, all the air cells were all fully detached. I don’t think the one egg is going to hatch.

Wow! No air cells detached? That is shocking! I know who I’m buying from next. Thank you so much 😊

Here is the eBay seller: https://www.ebay.com/usr/americanr-33?_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l49544

Back
Top Bottom