Cream Legbar hens/roos?

You said females are brown, males are gray and barred. Was just clarifying for the readers :p
I was writing it in a way that could be easier for newbies to figure out.

I've had it happen that if I say the females are brown with barring then someone assumes that a single barred feather on a female means it's male. Or they miss the point entirely.

We originally thought the chick in question was a Welsummer because it looked and was marked similar to the Welsummer roo we ordered in that batch. I just now was able to locate the pics of this chick at a few days old. We're hoping the markings on the eye and head may mean it's a pullet? It also had the "chipmunk" stripe. Thoughts?
reggie 1.JPG
reggie 2.jpeg

We originally thought the chick in question was a Welsummer because it looked and was marked similar to the Welsummer roo we ordered in that batch. I just now was able to locate the pics of this chick at a few days old. We're hoping the markings on the eye and head may mean it's a pullet? It also had the "chipmunk" stripe. Thoughts?View attachment 1885258View attachment 1885259
That looks like a Pullet. How well defined was the chipmunk striping. Was it lined by black on both sides?

I'm not sure of black lining but it was definitely a dark brownish chipmunk stripe - similar to the Welsummers. I wish I had better pictures. :barnie
I wouldn't think it to be a pullet, given the current plumage. But perhaps it is a poorly bred pullet

It sure has kept us wondering. I guess we'll just have to wait to see if she/he lays an egg or starts to crow in a few months! Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. :)

Back
Top Bottom