Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Pics
Quote:
Homozygous Extended Black can Hide gold and extended black with dominant White can also hide gold... Heterozygote E/e+ or E/eb and I/i+ will leak some of the gold when adulthood, thats why most white birds are silver based, but you do see some exceptions like white silkies, they are gold based this bird is leaking sex linked gold. why? due to heterozygosity of Extended black some ground color can also leak from Extended black birds
600x450px-LL-165cb6bb_LeakageBlackRoo.jpeg

Last edited:
Quote:
Technically Yes..... they are Sex links.. but its impossible to distinguish which chick carry silver or gold if they are all technically black
their not. The ones im interested in are the wild type down. The black ones are cool but look like the marans. The male in my post was born with a well defined head spot and a barring pattern is forming in his wings. The female does not have a head spot and her coloration is more like the gold or red sex like. Random feathers tan and silver color. Who cares if you can tell if they carry silver or gold. I wanted to create a sex link and i have. edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't say much but do follow along as I'm planning Black Marans x CL Pullets for sexable green egg layers. I agree with Steen. In the past I have found their posts to be arrogant and rudely worded. I have blocked them for this reason and enjoy reading the threads more without their input.

Dang im the big dummy here. Thank you so much puglady. Its almost like he fallows me. I will block him for sure. God bless you for reminding me i can do that.

Last edited:
I don't say much but do follow along as I'm planning Black Marans x CL Pullets for sexable green egg layers. I agree with Steen. In the past I have found their posts to be arrogant and rudely worded. I have blocked them for this reason and enjoy reading the threads more without their input.

Sexable geen egg layers are definitely a good plan Im doing that also. Ive been crossing my CL roo over some silver laced hens and the chicks are sooooo cute. How did that roo fit in? And I picked up my CL pullets They are adorable.

They're great pullets to work with, and those are her culls, lol! He fits in well but the girls for him are still young. He's hanging out in the general juvi flock for now. They're penned in a covered 20x16 during the day and free range for a couple of hours at night. Beautiful friendly boy who will take bites from apples out of my hand now. Funny how we essentially ended up trading roos!

They're great pullets to work with, and those are her culls, lol! He fits in well but the girls for him are still young. He's hanging out in the general juvi flock for now. They're penned in a covered 20x16 during the day and free range for a couple of hours at night. Beautiful friendly boy who will take bites from apples out of my hand now. Funny how we essentially ended up trading roos!

It is funny. And I love my boy he is so handsome and he is such a good boy. And I know even her culls are fantastic.

Last edited:
Quote:
I guess I could have avoided all this debating if I would have said my males have all had a well defined head spot and the females have yet to have any spots
HERE I WAS TALKING ABOUT MY BARRED COCHIN CROSS AND I GET yet again a RESPONSE ABOUT BARRED ROCKS

Nicalandia quoted my post.
`would be cool if this was possible, I mean Autosexing Barred rocks anybody?... would be a mayor break thru in genetics, I think a mutant Barring gene would be the culprit in this case

no its not some major break threw or a mutant barring gene its a Barred cochin none of these other breeds. we were talking about barred cochin not barred rocks. well at least i was talking about barred cochin x ccl this whole time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom