Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

That buff pullet is so pretty!!! If they all are feathered, that would fit with the dominant nature of the gene. It looks like they feathering on the legs might be a little on the light side, so I will have to try to figure that out (unless it is just the images). 

As I understand it, leg feathering is dominant for Pti-1 and Pti-2, unless they have the recessive leg feathering gene (pti-3). I think brahma are Pti-1B. That would be dominant and all should come out feathered legs. I am hoping someone who knows what they are doing with genetics can confirm this for me though, That would be so helpful for me to know since I have a brahma and a CCL rooster over my mixed flock and if I only hatch the CCL hen eggs if the chicks come out without feathered legs they would be pure ccl. I could also start working out which ones would be sex linked. 

I really appreciate your reply and confirming what I suspected. 

The feathering on the CCL cockerel crosses is light by comparison to the pullets which is interesting to me because I would expect the boys to have more feathering than the girls. Now for the BB x BCM crosses I am very pleased with the result as the hen has very light feathering on her shanks and now her offspring (no longer pure bred of course) have adequate feathering and the pea comb of the BB.
MY GOAL with these crosses was to have a more cold hardy flock of my favorite breeds while maintaining the integrity of egg color.

Nice crest !! She may not be crossed with anything other than legbar. Mine started out with a lot of salmon coloring like yours then greyed out as she matured.
Anyone know what my Cream Legbar is crossed with?

Hello,  

I'm new to BYC,  I have two Bielefelder pullets, two Cream Lebar Pullets and an unrelated Cream legbar Roo 10 weeks old.   I plan to breed them next spring and I've tried to read most of the Legbar cross posts but it's easy to get things mixed up with so much information.  I have a few questions.

1)  Since the Bielefelders are also autosexing my guess is the cross chicks will also be autosexing and lay light greenish eggs?  Will their size and their egg size be between the Legbar and Bielefelder? Will I have a 50/50 shot at them being crested?  Does anyone have any pictures they can share and experience with this cross.  The legbars are pretty but I really love the personality of the Bielefelders, 

Thanks,
Deborah
(San Francisco Bay area)

I crossed these 2 breeds in reverse of your plans. I used Bielefelder roo over Cream Legbar hen. That cross, crests were split in 3rds. 1/3 little to no crest. 1/3 medium crest. 1/3 good crest.

Eggs of these crosses have been olive green to light blue.

Egg in bottom left hand corner is the olive colored cross egg.
I will post a couple pictures later. I have to switch browsers.

Last edited:
I crossed these 2 breeds in reverse of your plans. I used Bielefelder roo over Cream Legbar hen. That cross, crests were split in 3rds. 1/3 little to no crest. 1/3 medium crest. 1/3 good crest.

Eggs of these crosses have been olive green to light blue.

Egg in bottom left hand corner is the olive colored cross egg.
I will post a couple pictures later. I have to switch browsers.

Thanks for the information. What about the personality and size? Are they closer to the CL or Bielfelders?

Back
Top Bottom