Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Anyone know what I would get by crossing a white roo over a CCLB hen?

The White roo that I would be using for this would be a White Breese. This way, I can keep one of the extra White Breese cockerels that I have to do this with, so I will have one less that I will have to cull.

Last edited:
Hello, long time reader, first time poster....anyway, here is my legbar hybrid. Ayam Cemani (green fire farms) over Cream Legbar (Ree's line) hens.They turned out beautiful (to me anyhow). As far as I can tell there should be some sexlink action with this combo, right? My pullets are all black like their dad but are crested like mom. Black skin, combs, eyes, tounge, etc. The cockrels are barred and crested with neat penciling and black\white coloration (very formal lol). The boys had a dot on their heads and black down at hatch with a chipmunk pattern. The girls were all black at hatch.View attachment 1356829 View attachment 1356830 View attachment 1356831 View attachment 1356832
The cockerels are stunning. What a gorgeous mix!

Anyone know what I would get by crossing a white roo over a CCLB hen?

The White roo that I would be using for this would be a White Breese. This way, I can keep one of the extra White Breese cockerels that I have to do this with, so I will have one less that I will have to cull.

I guess that no one knows what my outcome will be, so I'll just have to try it and see what the chicks will look like after they hatch then.

Well, my White Breese cockerels aren't old enough to breed the girls yet, so I have decided to breed my 3 CCLB girls that are laying blue eggs to my White NN roo for now. I will start collecting the blue eggs tomorrow to incubate. I'll let you know the outcome after they hatch. One of my CCLB has a bigger crest than the other two do, and I like that. Here's a picture of my roo, and you can get a glimsp of 2 of the CCLB girls in it. The roo's wattles are discolored a bit on the bottom because he drank out of a mud puddle.

IMG_7018.JPG

Hi Cerise! If I read previous posts correctly, the Olandsk Dwarf roo would have to have been a solid color in order for this to be a sex linked cross.

Correct me if I'm wrong but all the Olandsk Dwarf chickens I've seen were multi colored.:)

Cute chick though!

Sorry Cerise. I tried to quote your post but it didn't happen.

The rooster doesn't need to be a solid color for the sex link to work.
The way it works is by the chick either having or not having the barred genes light head spot when they hatch.
Any cross that would produce a chick that the headspot would be visable on at hatch would work.

The rooster doesn't need to be a solid color for the sex link to work.
The way it works is by the chick either having or not having the barred genes light head spot when they hatch.
Any cross that would produce a chick that the headspot would be visable on at hatch would work.

Thanks for chiming in, Moonshine. I am open to lessons as I continue my education. :)
I thought I had read in earlier posts that using a solid roo x CL hen created headspots on the male chicks only.

I know there are other color combos when used correctly for sex links.

Back
Top Bottom