Cream legbars 2 months old

Feb 18, 2023
Florence NY
The smallest for my creams dont want to do nothing but sleep and stay puffed up. She standingup wont lay down. She is eating a little drinks alittle . Gave her some went food yesterday. Brought her in today got 2 💩 poops out of her. All she wants to do is sleep standing up. Baby food with molasses and in water. I also made regular water with ultra cruz electrolyte. So i m thinking she cant poop. Does anyone else have idea why. She is acting this way.

Attachments

• 16844308202927094443144963899962.jpg
    16844308202927094443144963899962.jpg
    646.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 16844308701182095906234342790484.jpg
    16844308701182095906234342790484.jpg
    670.5 KB · Views: 30
I've seen you suggest this often. What does the B1 do if given during tx?
The reason why most of us on BYC, including Me, recommend to omit Extra Vitamins and Supplements that contain B1(Thiamine) during the course of treatment with Corid (Amprolium) is because of information found in Plumb's Vet Drug Manual. There is a notation that "Excessive thiamine in the diet can reduce or reverse the anticoccidial activity of the drug". There is no definition of what "excessive" means in this case, so to err on the side of caution, I recommend that any Extra Vitamins/Supplements that contain B1(Thiamine) be left off until treatment is finished.
Their feed should already have the recommended daily amount of B1 in it to begin with and it would be unlikely that Amprolium would cause a deficiency in 5-7 days (there is mention of deficiency when giving high doses of Amprolium for prolonged periods of time), but after treatment giving vitamins and probiotics for a few days shouldn't hurt anything.

1684468251107.png

The smallest for my creams dont want to do nothing but sleep and stay puffed up. She standingup wont lay down. She is eating a little drinks alittle . Gave her some went food yesterday. Brought her in today got 2 💩 poops out of her. All she wants to do is sleep standing up. Baby food with molasses and in water. I also made regular water with ultra cruz electrolyte. So i m thinking she cant poop. Does anyone else have idea why. She is acting this way.

Mixed this in with food and molasses
Photos of her poop?

I'd stick with providing wet chick starter. Give her plain fresh water to drink. If she's not drinking on her own, then syringe fluids into her several times a day.
Omit all the other supplement stuff you are giving.

In the mean time, You can find Corid (Amprolium) in the cattle section of TSC.

When you get the Corid, direct dose her with undiluted liquid Corid at a rate of 0.10ml per pound of weight twice a day for 3 days.
This will be in addition to her drinking Corid water. Mix 2tsp of Liquid Corid to 1 gallon of water. See that she's drinking, if she's not, then syringe the mixed water into her many times a day for 7 days. Do not add any extra supplements, vitamins, etc. that contain B1(Thiamine) to the feed or water during treatment.

See that her crop is emptying overnight. If it's not, then let us know.

The reason why most of us on BYC, including Me, recommend to omit Extra Vitamins and Supplements that contain B1(Thiamine) during the course of treatment with Corid (Amprolium) is because of information found in Plumb's Vet Drug Manual. There is a notation that "Excessive thiamine in the diet can reduce or reverse the anticoccidial activity of the drug". There is no definition of what "excessive" means in this case, so to err on the side of caution, I recommend that any Extra Vitamins/Supplements that contain B1(Thiamine) be left off until treatment is finished.
Their feed should already have the recommended daily amount of B1 in it to begin with and it would be unlikely that Amprolium would cause a deficiency in 5-7 days (there is mention of deficiency when giving high doses of Amprolium for prolonged periods of time), but after treatment giving vitamins and probiotics for a few days shouldn't hurt anything.

View attachment 3510519
Thank you for taking the time to share. That helps.

Back
Top Bottom