Cream Legbars in Louisiana

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by hebertchick12, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Ron Skekel

Ron Skekel Overrun With Chickens

Feb 24, 2013
    Slidell,La
    I'm in slidell. Thanks Pam

2. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    I was wondering if you had pics you could post of your parent stock, and what lines do you have also?

3. FlockOfHens

FlockOfHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2014
    South Louisiana :)
    Are all of the parent birds healthy?

4. Ron Skekel

Feb 24, 2013
    Slidell,La
    All of my parent birds are healthy and young. I have greenfire farms A and B. Tomorrow I will have the jill rees line but they will be chicks. Depending on what is sent I may have extra From that line we shall see.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I can take more of hens tomorrow but they are all close to this one. These are the two different Roosters That I breed with. The last pic has grown bigger sence this pic. Pam

5. BlackBayouBirds

BlackBayouBirds Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2014
    Black Bayou, Louisiana
    Hi all!
    I am in North Louisiana (Rodessa - one hour north of Shreveport) and I have purchased a foundation flock (as day olds)

from Greenfire Farms Jill Rees Line, and will be offering around this August 2015, fertile hatching eggs and day olds shipped

in Louisiana, or pickup. $25 pullets $15 cockerels (Greenfires Jill Rees pullets are $29 and roos $19 plus $35 shippping, so

the savings add up! :)

Please visit losbarrios.jigsy.com or email us at [email protected]. You can also find our Jill Rees craigslistings in east tx,

shreveport, and texarkana.

Thanks for your time and interest, **Have a Wonderful Day!**

The Barrios Family

6. BlackBayouBirds

Jul 15, 2014
    Black Bayou, Louisiana
    Oh! I forgot to add pics - how silly! :) Posted are my very best day-olds, I recieved three very very blonde, especially my flock sire, "Reese" - he was completely blonde with his little white head spot. :) Adorable. This is Reese and his two very blonde girls, I've yet to name. I named him Reese because I'm calling them my little "Rees Pieces." LoL. I couldn't resist. :p[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Barrios Family
    losbarrios.jigsy.com
    [email protected]

7. dretd

dretd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Ft Collins, CO
    Good morning everyone!

I thought I'd let you know that there is a group of breeders and others interest in getting the Cream Legbar* recognized by the American Poultry Association. We are the Cream Legbar Club and you can find out tons of information on the breed as well as connect with more folks that love Cream Legbars at http://www.creamlegbarclub.com/home We would welcome new folks dropping by!

*(fyi--the Crested was dropped from the name years ago and the breed is properly called the Cream Legbar--both in the US and in the UK)

@BlackBayouBirds thanks for posting pictures of your Rees line chicks, what cuties [​IMG]! Those have to be the lightest blondie females I have seen before. Could you post pictures from the top so that we can see their back stripes? The Rees line is so new to the US, I am not sure how they are the same and different from the A,B or C lines and lots of pictures really helps round out the, well, picture. Many Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  8. Ron Skekel

Feb 24, 2013
    Slidell,La
    I have a and b and the Rees line just got them two weeks ago I got 4 poulets and one is really light the other three are reg colors like my other lines. The light poulet is an aggressive little chick pecking others eyes etc. I've never had one this aggressive normally they are docile to flighty. I know these roos are more to standard. Personally I like the colored ones. I'll post pics tomorrow. Pam

9. BlackBayouBirds

Jul 15, 2014
    Black Bayou, Louisiana
    Of Course! :)

I took these pictures of the same three chicks today. Reese our future flock sire and his two best girls. I banded their legs as day olds so that I could keep track of how they feather out, Reese and his girls are banded with black as my number ones. I spread the girls wings so you can see their baby stripes still there. Reese is feathering out ALOT of cream! :D Thanks so much for the interest - they are just so gosh darn cute!! I'm happy you put the link to the Cream Legbar Club - we just joined, so we are not showing in the member directory of breeders yet, but hopefully soon ~ love the club! It's a wealth of information for me, I'm
    so glad to be able to refer to it. *Have a Great Day!* Hope you all enjoy the pictures! :D **{Reese and the girls pictured are 23 days old today}**

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  10. BlackBayouBirds

Jul 15, 2014
    Black Bayou, Louisiana
    Thank You!! :) <3 I love them. I love the older import's coloring as well, and most of my Jill Rees day olds appeared very similar to imports a, b, and c, --one girl was VERY dark! I ordered
    two roos, so I'd have a choice of the best fella (I kept my other roo as a breeder as well, but there was an obvious "best" UK standard roo - "Reese"), and I ordered nine pullets, all together in
    one shipment. I sold the two very darkest right away for $25 to a new contact I met in LA who prefers the brighter coloring, and was happy to get the UK Rees genes in his flock, too. :D The other seven girls were two "platinum blonde" babes ;} and five very sandy light brown. So I am pairing Reese with the two really blonde girls, as a breeding trio, and putting my other roo and five girls together as a second breeding pen. I asked Greenfire was it perfectly normal to still throw darker chicks out of the Rees line, and they responded absolutely normal. I'm sure Reese and his two blondes will throw some dark chicks, but I am looking to breed as cream as possible, and see what the outcome will be. I am very excited to join in the project of the Rees line, and love all colorings of the Cream Legbar, which is why I like the Cream Legbar Club so much, as discussions are going on right now about all "colorings" (line/import A, B, C, and Rees) being included in the SOP under different colorings, like a Crele variety, but all as Cream Legbar. All the lines colorings are so beautiful, I enjoy each and every one - the ONLY autosexing, blue egg breed out there is the absolutely *WONDERFUL* trait all the colors of the Cream Legbar share! :D

I hope you enjoy the pictures of the highly cream chicks below! It was a fun surprise to see their different coloring from other lines right away right out of the box!* So glad to share the surprise
    with all you guys as well. :D Hope you like them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by