Cream Legbars pullets

WhitneyJo

Chirping
Jun 11, 2018
Please let me know if I should post in a Cream Legbar thread, just didn't want to high jack anyone's post.

Would you agree these are both pullets (2 weeks old)? The one on the left is lighter, but without comparing to the one on the right appears female yes? I will post most pics later, as these are about a week old...their feathering is starting to differentiate from each other which has me worried :/
44151990_2218489598435987_5716941911558717440_n.jpg

Please let me know if I should post in a Cream Legbar thread, just didn't want to high jack anyone's post.

Would you agree these are both pullets (2 weeks old)? The one on the left is lighter, but without comparing to the one on the right appears female yes? I will post most pics later, as these are about a week old...their feathering is starting to differentiate from each other which has me worried :/
Both are pullets. Some legbars are lighter colored than others.

That's good! No black breast feathers so pullet is favorable. The barring is what gets me. Both my girls came from the same breeder but a year apart and the line was switched up a bit with Jill Reese added in for my second pullet. Yet both mine have very soft barring even with the new chick more toward standard (yet lays a greener egg). So the striking barring in your chick is what has me thinking what is the deal. Again I'm new to the breed and my focus is marans so...

As long as they are both girls, I don’t care if I ended up with the wackiest Cream Lefbar around lol, I’m so sick of surprise roos, that’s why I got some auto sexers...it will be interesting to see what others have to say and to watch this little one grow up. :)

Yes both are pullets. There can be quite a bit of variation in down color with the Cream Legbars.

Thank you both! I was 100% sure when I bought them and took this picture of the same. Their differing feather pattern and color has me confused now. I'm kicking myself for not taking pics this morning...I will have to post later.

Back
Top Bottom