Cream legbar rooster??

Jt432

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2023
I bought four cream legbar pullets from tractor supply this spring. They are currently 15 weeks old. Part of the reason I bought them was to be sure they were all pullets. This guy has been looking suspicious. But he looks nothing like legbar roosters that I’m seeing online. Is he just a bad cream legbar without the double barred gene? Or is it some other kind of chicken that was mixed in? Do you agree that he’s a rooster- if so I will have to rehome because we can’t have roosters in my township
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_9768.jpeg
    IMG_9768.jpeg
    499.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_9770.jpeg
    IMG_9770.jpeg
    568.2 KB · Views: 79
That would be great if it’s a pullet! It has a taller body shape compared to the others of the same age and much different tail feathers. I have been mentally preparing myself for it to be a rooster. There were Easter eggers at the store that came in the same shipment so maybe they got mixed up. Thank you!

I bought four cream legbar pullets from tractor supply this spring. They are currently 15 weeks old. Part of the reason I bought them was to be sure they were all pullets. This guy has been looking suspicious. But he looks nothing like legbar roosters that I’m seeing online. Is he just a bad cream legbar without the double barred gene? Or is it some other kind of chicken that was mixed in? Do you agree that he’s a rooster- if so I will have to rehome because we can’t have roosters in my township
Thanks for your help!
It's a mixed breed, not a pure bred legbar.

Here are my hatchery crested creme legbar cockerels the same age(15 weeks old)
Thank you for the comparison! Yours are beautiful and what I thought it should look like if it was a true legbar rooster. The comb/wattles are much smaller and lighter than yours at the same age as well. I’ll give it some more time and keep my fingers crossed it is a pullet.

Thank you for the comparison! Yours are beautiful and what I thought it should look like if it was a true legbar rooster. The comb/wattles are much smaller and lighter than yours at the same age as well. I’ll give it some more time and keep my fingers crossed it is a pullet.
Shes a beauty! This one got his tail feathers pulled before I removed him from the pullets.Most are feisty leghorns.

Attachments

• 20230811_181012.jpg
    20230811_181012.jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 48

Back
Top Bottom