Is this a cream legbar chick?

bean0282

Hatching
Apr 17, 2024
Got this super friendly gorgeous chick from Runnings four days ago. It was in a bin marked “Rainbow.” I’ve seen a few pics online of crested cream legbar with same marking and some have said perhaps n egger of some variety. Would love an opinion. Really hoping it’s a cream legbar. They were on the list of inventory. Also really hoping it’s a girl as we are in city limits and can’t have a roo.

Attachments

• IMG_3803.jpeg
    IMG_3803.jpeg
    427.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3804.jpeg
    IMG_3804.jpeg
    346.3 KB · Views: 7
There are many breeds with that striped pattern in the chicks, like Welsumer and brown Leghorn, plus many kinds of Easter eggers. Cream legbars will have baring in the plumage, and so far I am not seeing that, but its wing feathers are tiny, so it's still a possibility. Update with new pictures in a few weeks if you still have questions.

There are many breeds with that striped pattern in the chicks, like Welsumer and brown Leghorn, plus many kinds of Easter eggers. Cream legbars will have baring in the plumage, and so far I am not seeing that, but its wing feathers are tiny, so it's still a possibility. Update with new pictures in a few weeks if you still have questions.
Thank you! I’m not entirely sure how old this one was when we got it. Less than a week I’m guessing. I will post pics again in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom