Cream Legbars

Going way off topic, I have a Speckled Sussex hen that needs a daily cuddle too, I have never treated any of my birds as pets, but this hen follows me until I stop by something between knee and bellybutton high, then jumps up and comes over for some petting scratching and to get carried. I never feed her by hand so that is not the reason. I think she just likes me, maybe the only female around the farm that does somedays....
lau.gif
Sometimes they do that. I think they are just looking to feel a little individual attention sometimes and not just be counted as one of the flock.

Going way off topic, I have a Speckled Sussex hen that needs a daily cuddle too, I have never treated any of my birds as pets, but this hen follows me until I stop by something between knee and bellybutton high, then jumps up and comes over for some petting scratching and to get carried. I never feed her by hand so that is not the reason. I think she just likes me, maybe the only female around the farm that does somedays....
lau.gif

I have five Speckled Sussex in a family group with a Naked neck rooster. They are super friendly and super, SUPER curious. I can't even scoop their poop from under they roosts without "company" from EVERYONE. I have to keep them from jumping into the bucket with all the poop in it. (I'm afraid they also fly very VERY well - better than the CLs...)

From what I've read and now experienced, they are super curious and friendly. I think it just comes with having SSs.... It used to bug me, now I find it endearing...

- Ant Farm

Concerning the cockerel, yesterday whilst I was away, my dad let the chickens out into the garden whilst the neighbour's kids were round (small children) to see the chickens and collect some colourful eggs, anyway, the cockerel was very well behaved! And this morning when I went to clean them out, he backed away/ran away from me when I entered the coop, He walked around me when I walked through him too, so maybe there is some hope for him yet!
lol.png

Grats Jerry!!!

How many eggs did you have to hatch to get that one?

I am starting to wonder if I broke my pair up as I have not gotten one in awhile now.
Not sure . I sold the original rooster and using one of his sons . I was hoping to find out if white was in there . The original rooster never produced any .

Value of our birds. Have a question, how much is a 18 week old cockerel worth? He's not a complete wreck, he just doesn't fit what I want. I feel like every time I go to sell chickens people want everything for nothing and half the time want you to drive them the bird too.

Value of our birds. Have a question, how much is a 18 week old cockerel worth? He's not a complete wreck, he just doesn't fit what I want. I feel like every time I go to sell chickens people want everything for nothing and half the time want you to drive them the bird too.
Such a tough question -- of course the answer is 'what the market will bear' -- See if you can find an equivalent on eBay, here on Buy-sell-trade, or maybe a Craigs list listing someplace and that may help narrow the price range for you.

Back
Top Bottom