Cream Legbars

Holy cow. Pipped 6 hours ago and then boom!

OK "cream legbar" peeps, I hatched blue lace red Wyandotte and cream legbar chicks. I only had 2 legbars out of 14 ebay eggs hatch. 1 was not totally hatched, so I know that one. Both hatchlings are chipmunk striped (girls) yeah! Problem is I have 3 Wyandotte chicks and 1 Cream legbar ...... I can't see any difference. How long will it be before I can tell them apart??? Thanks for any help or tips.

OK "cream legbar" peeps, I hatched blue lace red Wyandotte and cream legbar chicks. I only had 2 legbars out of 14 ebay eggs hatch. 1 was not totally hatched, so I know that one. Both hatchlings are chipmunk striped (girls) yeah! Problem is I have 3 Wyandotte chicks and 1 Cream legbar ...... I can't see any difference. How long will it be before I can tell them apart???  Thanks for any help or tips.

Can you show pics if the chicks? Legbars have a finely shaped head (almost delicate)

and Wyandottes are a bit rounder with different faces and markings around the eyes.

Pics would help, I will get some pics of them later today and post on here. Hopefully looking at the head shape will help. And big suprise this morning, had a late bloomer - hatched a roo! Yippee.

Pics would help, I will get some pics of them later today and post on here. Hopefully looking at the head shape will help. And big suprise this morning, had a late bloomer - hatched a roo! Yippee.
KPenley -- superb chick photos -- (cute CL chicks too!!) -- Picts worth 1,000 words.

chickeemama -- do two of the females by any chance have a bit of white frost in the center of their head V's? I don't know if your other breed carries the barring genes, but I think that little white on the down indicates that the female has the barring gene. The white blotch (splotch) on the male indicates that he carries two copies...maybe.

OK "cream legbar" peeps, I hatched blue lace red Wyandotte and cream legbar chicks. I only had 2 legbars out of 14 ebay eggs hatch. 1 was not totally hatched, so I know that one. Both hatchlings are chipmunk striped (girls) yeah! Problem is I have 3 Wyandotte chicks and 1 Cream legbar ...... I can't see any difference. How long will it be before I can tell them apart??? Thanks for any help or tips.
Loking at the comb might also help. The Wyandottes will likely have rose combs while the Legbar will have a single comb.

look at the combs :) wyandottes have rose combs while leg bars have straight combs

Back
Top Bottom