CREATE YOUR OWN BREED OF CHICKEN

I think it would be cool to make a chicken with a body as small or smaller than a serama with the Cochin type of fluffy feathers, clean legged, single combed, with a muff/beard and green eyes.
Don't anyone steal my idea! And please tell me if there is already something like this out there, I don't think there is.

Last edited:
I think it would be cool to make a chicken with a body as small or smaller than a serama with the Cochin type of fluffy feathers, clean legged, single combed, with a muff/beard and green eyes.
Don't anyone steal my idea! And please tell me if there is already something like this out there, I don't think there is.
Pekin?

Is there any extra maintenance with silkies? Everyone keeps telling me their feathers will get all gummed up with feces and the leg feathers get grody as well, but this is also coming from people that have never kept chickens let alone knew what a silkie was until I brought them up.

Some people don't like any chickens with feathered feet if they deal with mud, tend to break off and bleed. I've had no problems with silkies or cochins. They get muddy or poopy it dries off and disappears even white one's stay clean.

Thank you, I'm glad to hear that. I'm planning on trying several silkie crosses and wanted to make sure I know how to keep them healthy. It's funny how everyone thinks they're an expert on things they don't have a clue about. :p

You would get mille fleur d'Uccles that are split for lavender (carrying one copy of the lav gene). Breeding those back to porcelains will result in 50% porcelain, 50% mille fleur split for lavender.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom