Creator of the Labradoodle has major regrets...

In my city you can easily get 300+ for any mixed dog. I was luckey to get my pup for $50 which I find more reasonable as mixed dogs are not "worth" the cost as you are paying for the rariety of a breed/quality rather then just a dog which is why some come at high pricetags.

Quote:

x3

Just mutts but they have a purpose but the Labradoodle does not breed true, you would get all sorts of crazy things happening on the second generation.

i've always had curs, usually pit and hound mix. I have never paid for any of my dogs and they are always loyal. My pit/hound I have now never messes with my birds or cats or anything else. I had the great uncle of my dog now and he was a pure breed pitt that hunted hogs. He would sleep with the pet pot the pot belly pigs that I had at the time. Sadly he injured his spinal cord running in the yard. I even built him a wheel chair to use. After three years he went into renial failure. He is surely missed.
The only thing wrong with designer dogs is the fact that they are breeding two dogs with alot of defects to each other and IMO that is just doubling the problem.
hu.gif

Amyable, shelters shouldn't break your heart. The people who needlessly and thoughtlessly allow dogs to breed should be the ones who break your heart. It's all about responsible ownership, and I don't think creating mutt breeds for the $ is responsible. If you want a mongrel (they can be great pets) go to a shelter and adopt one. JMO

Last edited:
Quote:
I adore shelter dogs, it's the fact that we have overflowing shelters that troubles me. Our current dog is a GSD-Norwegian Elkhound mix from a rescue, our 3 cats are from free litters and dairy barns, and we will always have rescue animals. I can't justify spending $ on a purebred just for the sake of having a specific breed, though there are great purebreeds in shelters that I woulnd't hesitate to adopt.

That is a really interesting article.

I was reading our newspaper classifieds the other day, and apparently you can breed any two purebred dogs, combine the breeds for some cutesy name, and sell the pups for $300 bucks a piece! They are so ridiculous... chonzers? Boxadors? And of course all the 'oodles.

I wish I could find a white standard stud poodle to put over my Golden Retriever. I am very allergic to her but I would love a pup from her that I wouldn't be allergic to.

Mahonri, there would be no guarantee if you were to make that mating. The cross can produce poodle coated dogs, golden coated (shedding) dogs, or something in between.

Back
Top Bottom