Crele Phoenix?

CrazyChicks

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 5, 2009
Ok, I have never heard of(or seen) this color of Phoenix. Could they be crossed with something to get this color?
Does anyone else have this color of phoenix??
I found one just like him for sale and wanted to get someone else's opinion.
Here is the website, if the picture doesnt work. He is the second picture. http://www.mirkwoodpoultry.com/mirkwood_flock.htm

Crele%20American%20Longtail.jpg

True Crele is simply barring over a black breasted red bird. The same barring as seen on Barred Rocks, Cuckoo Marans etc. All you need is to introduce the barring gene into a line of BBR Phoenix..

By the way.. I have a cuckoo hen, she proved not pure for the black gene so it's possible to get creles or crele-like birds by crossing her with a BBR roo. I am no longer interested in keeping the longtails so the remaining trio is available.. (birchen roo with Fibromelanotic<black skin>, one blue hen and the above mentioned cuckoo hen).

Thanks. What color hens do you have to cross him with? She crossed him with light browns and I think maybe a silver hen. His babies are great looking and showing signs of nice type and tail. If you cross him to some golden hens or light brown/BBR hens you should get all creles.

Before I moved out I plucked a saddle feather and it was close to 7 or 8 inches atleast. His tail should fill in this summer if you keep him in a cage by himself for abit.

Back
Top Bottom