Red laced blue.. yea it's a little different

Nashv755

Songster
Apr 10, 2020
Yea you got to love the random colors from barnyard crosses. His mother was a blue laced red mix of a splash laced Wyandotte hen and Phoenix rooster. He's a mix from her and Phoenix. I just thought it was an interesting color pattern even if it is just a partial pattern. All red/blue laced birds I've seen the feathers are red in the center with blue, black or splash lacing.
Screenshot_20230905_175302_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230905_175329_Gallery.jpg

Maybe I'll cross him to his sister and see what happens. She does have the blue gene at least.
Screenshot_20230905_175210_Gallery.jpg
Unfortunately I don't have any laced hens to breed him back to anymore. Here's the older brother and only laced bird on the yard so maybe I can get a few laced hens out of him eventually lol
Screenshot_20230905_183211_Gallery.jpg

Yea you got to love the random colors from barnyard crosses. His mother was a blue laced red mix of a splash laced Wyandotte hen and Phoenix rooster. He's a mix from her and Phoenix. I just thought it was an interesting color pattern even if it is just a partial pattern. All red/blue laced birds I've seen the feathers are red in the center with blue, black or splash lacing.View attachment 3629005View attachment 3629010
Maybe I'll cross him to his sister and see what happens. She does have the blue gene at least.View attachment 3629011Unfortunately I don't have any laced hens to breed him back to anymore. Here's the older brother and only laced bird on the yard so maybe I can get a few laced hens out of him eventually lolView attachment 3629021
they are beautiful! if you do a hatch i will definitely be following along!

they are beautiful! if you do a hatch i will definitely be following along!
I had forgot about this little guy I found roaming the yard about 3 weeks ago and suspected he had the lace gene. The eyebrows reminded me how the roo in the last picture in the original post looked at that age.
Screenshot_20230906_174408_Gallery.jpg
3.5 weeks old now, but my gut is still telling me it's another cockerel lol
Screenshot_20230906_174452_Gallery.jpg

maybe at least it'll be another Phoenix cross and get the lacing with the long tail gene. My original goal is still to get a larger, heavier dual purpose version of Phoenix using Phoenix and Liege Fighter crosses. But I’m open to color patterns. I was going with barring at first until I found out it results in yellow legs and I'm going for black or gray legs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230906_174452_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230906_174452_Gallery.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
Those are beautiful roosters!
Thank you lol There's no shortage of them around here that's for sure 🤣🤣 This one is about the closest I've come so fare to the Liege build and Phoenix tail. He has the build but not the size but still at least a couple pounds heavier that my Phoenix even though they look the same size. This is basically what I'm shooting for but closer to 10-12lb.
Screenshot_20230803_201312_Gallery.jpg

Yea you got to love the random colors from barnyard crosses. His mother was a blue laced red mix of a splash laced Wyandotte hen and Phoenix rooster. He's a mix from her and Phoenix. I just thought it was an interesting color pattern even if it is just a partial pattern. All red/blue laced birds I've seen the feathers are red in the center with blue, black or splash lacing.View attachment 3629005View attachment 3629010
Maybe I'll cross him to his sister and see what happens. She does have the blue gene at least.View attachment 3629011Unfortunately I don't have any laced hens to breed him back to anymore. Here's the older brother and only laced bird on the yard so maybe I can get a few laced hens out of him eventually lolView attachment 3629021
The older brother is gorgeous!

What beauties!

Back
Top Bottom