Crested Cream Legbar and Swedish Flower Hen Eggs - Hatch-Along

It has begun. Everything looked pretty good, but I'm going to unplug the egg turner until morning and then get it going. They sat out for about 8 hours.

1647301664055.jpeg

Did a quick checkin tonight on just a few of the eggs, maybe 4 or 5. 3 had very clear signs of development, both types of chickens :) It's SO early though.

Did them all this morning because I was very impatient and about 60% of them are obviously making babies. About 10% appeared to be infertile and the remainder questionable. It's still super early though. However, absolutely none of them seems to have an air cell. Should I be concerned or is it just too early to really see one? They're 3.5 days in.

My current thought process is that if something was scrambled so badly in shipping that the air sac burst, there couldn't possibly be embryo development. If it still looks missing or small at day 7, I may switch to dry incubation until day 10-14.

Last edited:
Ok. Almost all of these eggs have viable babies. Almost zero of them appear to have viable air sacs. Detached, non-existent, wrong damn place, but attached (side, not narrow end at least), etc.

Can I save them? They are just shy of 5 days incubating and have been turning for 3.5 of them.

Back
Top Bottom