1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Crevecoeur chickens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by gypc84, Jun 11, 2017.

1. gypc84

gypc84 In the Brooder

Jun 9, 2016
    I picked this guy up yesterday at a sale. Everyone thought he was a polish, anyway, I'm wondering if he looks like a quality bird and where I could maybe find him a girlfriend if he is. I had looked for these guys for awhile but couldn't find any. He is a very handsome guy and doesn't seem aggressive or overly flighty. 20170611_064216.jpg

2. Poultrybreeder

Poultrybreeder Songster

Apr 21, 2017
    He does look like a decent bird, and yes he is a polish, he is a Black Crested Black polish. His crest seems a little small, but that could change over time. You could get him a girl if you like

3. ChantillyL3

ChantillyL3 In the Brooder

Jul 25, 2016
    Hi gypc84 - Just wondered if you had any success finding this rooster a girlfriend. He looks like my own "mystery bird" and I'm fairly sure he's a crevecouer. We discovered a few weeks ago that he was, in fact, male and I quickly relocated him to my dad's house until we could take him to auction. BUT my dad fell in love with the silly bird, and would like a girlfriend or two. I have no idea how to find more! The Amish farm I got the fertile eggs from no longer has this kind (darn!) so I'll gladly take suggestions on where to look. In Lancaster, PA.

4. wcbpolish

wcbpolish Chirping

Feb 16, 2017
    Pierson, Michigan
    I know this is an old thread, but I have a flock of birds that look like this. There's also blues in my flock. This season, I used a rooster that was half houdan on my hens, so I'll have 5 toes in the flack for awhile. Just reaching out to others with similar birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by