Crispy Fried Chicken... I finally got it!! Now with ***PICTURES***

Good god you folks are evil... i STILL didnt get my fried chicken...
hit.gif
*sobs*

Thanks Itsy for posting up your pictures! I'm really glad you had success too!
big_smile.png

Here are our pictures.... they turned out kind of dark, but that's our camera... so I'm glad we have your much better photos to look at Itsy
smile.png

Floured -

78755_1215_029.jpg

Frying -

78755_1215_028.jpg

DONE!
big_smile.png
-

78755_1215_030.jpg

I did mom up some wings before I did my strips... darn those things got HUGE after being double floured!
lol.png

She could only eat two of them, and no sides either
tongue.png

But I did make a mistake in not switching the oil between the two batches of wings and two batches of strips... the wings shed alot of flour which burned in the oil but I was being stubborn about not wanting to waste it... so my strips had an el burned flavor to them
tongue.png

But they still turned out crunchy!

Mom agreed some spices in the flour would make them even better. I suppose I'm just a bit weird in prefering the taste of plain
tongue.png
but maybe plain just goes better with ranch. I might try some fresh ground pepper next time!

PS - Big Mike..... your computer technician is TOO cute!!
love.gif

droolin.gif
They look great! I'm definitely trying the strips next time.

Thank you thank you thank you for showing me how to finally make fried chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Marking my spot so I can find it again later. I can't print the recipe right now, my printer died and I ordered a new one from Amazon but it's not here yet. This looks and sounds soooo good. I'm wondering how well it would work for Chicken Fried Steak.

Oh my. We just had leftovers for lunch - cold. It was SO GOOD!!!!! AND, the chicken was still crispy after being in the fridge.

here's a flavor to add to it

copy of KFC Chicken Secret Herbs And Spices
1 ½ Tbs rosemary
1 ½ Tbs oregano
1 ½ Tbs ground sage
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp marjoram
3 tsp thyme
4 ½ Tbs packed brown sugar
4 ½ Tbs dry parsley flakes
2 tsp pepper
1 ½ Tbs paprika
3 Tbs garlic salt
3 Tbs onion salt
3 Tbs powdered chicken stock
2 sachets tomato cup of soup mix
1 Place all ingredients in blender for 3-4 minutes to pulverize, or rub through a fine strainer. Store in an airtight container so it will not lose potency.
2 To use with flour: Add 30g mix to a cup of flour for coating chicken.

Last edited:
Quote:
I just picked up some self rising flour at the dollar store a little while ago. I've got a dinosaur roast that I cooked day before yesterday that I have to use up before I make this but I'm defiantly going to give it a go.

Making this tonight Will tell you how it goes
wink.png

Turned out well.. but not attempting legs next time.. they dont cook properly ><

urgh, i ate too much and feel sick now
sad.png

Last edited:
WOWWWW, gonna try this tomorrow, you wouldn't believe, went shopping today, and Woolworths ( like your Walmart) Had only chicken wings
barnie.gif
hit.gif
lol.png
but yes, have some home grown birds in the freezer.... gotta refresh my carving skills...... Looks delicious!!! Just wanna reach through the screen and grab a plate
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom