Crochet "Chat"

Here is the baby quilt I just finished.

30439_afghans-2010_003.jpg

Baustin, Sunny, Damummis, Jen, nice work everyone! I downloaded some pillowghan patterns, but have yet to make any...it's on the list. The kitchen towels are on the list too. Lately, I've been doing afghans & potholders.

I downloaded directions for the towels but the whole direction wasn't there unless I'm just not reading them right. I'm trying to compile things I can make for Christmas and birthdays. My dh and I have 9 children and 33 grandchildren between us. We're not in contact with some of our grandchildren but the list is still a long one.

Quote:
What are you missing in the towel instructions? Maybe I can help. Also I get my kitchen towels from the dollar tree. Sometimes they have really nice towels for a $1. That's a nice gift for not too much.

Quote:
What are you missing in the towel instructions? Maybe I can help. Also I get my kitchen towels from the dollar tree. Sometimes they have really nice towels for a $1. That's a nice gift for not too much.

It says I don't need a specific number on each row, the object being to decrease and form the strap. It has row 1: sc in ea sc across, turn Row 2-3 ch1 then sc across Row4 ch1.turn,1 sc in the next 2, sc dec in next stitch, turn Row 5 1 sc in ea sc across, turn. That is the end of the instructions

Quote:

It says I don't need a specific number on each row, the object being to decrease and form the strap. It has row 1: sc in ea sc across, turn Row 2-3 ch1 then sc across Row4 ch1.turn,1 sc in the next 2, sc dec in next stitch, turn Row 5 1 sc in ea sc across, turn. That is the end of the instructions

The first thing you do is stitch a daisy chain across the top/middle (depending upon whether you are using a whole or half towel) with your tapestry needle and a long length of yarn. You will then be crocheting into this daisy chain just like it's a regular chain. Doesn't matter how many stitches are in the daisy chain, the pattern decreases and you stop at the width of strap you want.

Quote:
They're stitched right on the towel.

Oh and baustin sounds like you didn't get the whole download, there are instructions for 36 rows. And a crochet button, but I wanted a regular button.

Quote:

Oh and baustin sounds like you didn't get the whole download, there are instructions for 36 rows. And a crochet button, but I wanted a regular button.

Can you pm me the pattern? The ones I make are done separate and sewn on.

Quote:

Can you pm me the pattern? The ones I make are done separate and sewn on.

Here is the video and the link for instructions.
http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2009/10/crochet-towel-topper.html

Here
are Teresa's full instructions Baustin:

Crochet Towel Topper

Written by Teresa Richardson

Video Tutorial: Crochet Towel Topper

Video Tutorial: Left Hand Crochet Towel Topper

Skill Level - Easy

Abbreviations
SC - Half Double Crochet
CH - Chain
SL ST - Slip Stitch
ST - Stitch
SC DEC - Single Crochet Decrease

Materials
Size I/5.5 mm crochet hook
4 ply yarn
Tapestry Needle

Work an embroidery chain across the center section of the towel.

It is not necessary to have a specific number on each row. The object is to decrease and then form a strap. I have used 6 stitches in the example to make the strap. You can use 8 or 10 stitches for a wider strap.

Row 1: 1 SC in ea SC across, turn.

Row 2-3: Ch 1, 1 SC in ea SC across, turn.

Row 4: Ch 1, turn, 1 SC in ea of the next 2, SC DEC in the next Stitch, turn.

Row 5: 1 SC in ea SC across, turn.

Row 6: Ch 1, turn, 1 SC in ea of the next 2, SC DEC in the next Stitch, turn.

Row 7: Ch 1, 1 SC in ea SC across, turn.

Row 8: Ch 1, turn, 1 SC in ea of the next 2, SC DEC in the next Stitch, turn.

Row 9: Ch 1, 1 SC in ea SC across, turn.

Row 10: Ch 1, turn, 1 SC in ea of the next 2, SC DEC in the next Stitch, turn.

Row 11: Ch 1, 1 SC in ea SC across, turn.

Row 12: Ch 1, turn, 1 SC in ea of the next 2, SC DEC in the next Stitch, turn.

Row 13: Ch 1, 1 SC in ea SC across, turn.

Row 14: Ch 1, turn, 1 SC in ea of the next 2, SC DEC in the next Stitch, turn.

Strap
Row 15 - 30: Ch 1, 1 SC in ea SC across, turn.

Work the crochet button first to make sure it will fit through the button hole.

ButtonHole on Strap
Work an even amount of single crochet on each side of of the strap.
Side 1 Row 31-34: Work 1 SC in ea of the next 3 stitches.

Side 2 Row 31-34: Work 1 SC in ea of the next 3 stitches.

Join with a slip stitch at the top to the opposite single crochet. Slip Stitch across to the edge. Turn.

Row 35-36: Chain 1, Work 1 SC in ea SC across.

Crochet Button
Work the magic circle or a chain 3, join.

Round 1: Ch 1, work 6 SC in the loop or chain. Do not join and work in a continual round. This will be working the first stitch in the top of the first single crochet.

Round 2: Work 2 SC in ea SC around.

Round 3-5: Work 1 SC in ea SC around.

Weave the tapestry need through the last round of stitches, pull to close the back. Sew and knot the back of the button.

Sew the button to the place you want it on the towel.

Posted by Teresa at 8:38 AM
Labels: Crochet Pattern Towel Topper Free

I did another thread but wanted to post on here so you could see some of the kid's crochet work!
5415_0303001506c.jpg

5415_0303001507.jpg

5415_0303001513.jpg

Thank you for all your support and donations!! You might recognize your yarn in there a few you!

Back
Top Bottom