Crochet "Chat"

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Scrambled Egg, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    General conversation and crochet chat in this thread [​IMG]

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG] Well at least there wasnt some big scandle going on! [​IMG]

Has anybody tried those squares in the 63 squares book? I find siome of them to be really 'not nice' [​IMG] [​IMG] Maybe its just me and my skill level. I am still looking for some good squares to make. I have a ton of wrinkly and goofy sized ones that I am keeping in a bag [​IMG]

Any suggestions for good patterns?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  3. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    We got up to 60 degrees today and I was loving it. Kids and I stayed out all afternoon. Made out my seed order. I even hung my new sign today. Looks nice!
    Suppose to get cold again this weekend. [​IMG]

4. Scrambled Egg

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Is the checkerboard pattern alternating front and back posts? That would make a nice square. You can do circles and hexagons too if you want, although alot of folks will only do squares and that's perfectly fine. I am hoping to get a set of each done..hoping to anyway, lol!!! I keep getting distracted by quilt blocks and baby squares!!! [​IMG]

5. okiemommy

okiemommy Mother of 5, Prisoner to None

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    Did anyone else notice this as I did? the 3 lil ones are icky, one is even ickier then the other 2, but the oldest is well... Now how do you do that? Keep at least one well, but not the others? It's your fav, huh? lol
    Everytime Alyssa brings it home,I get it, Caydence gets it, then they gang up on me, and I get it at least 3 more times before I get it out the door. lol

LOL! No, I think he just seems to be immune to a lot of the things the kids get. He's in public school all day long, and was my only one that went to daycare, so I think his immune system is pretty solid.​

6. FrChuckW

FrChuckW Father to all, Dad to none

Sep 7, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Ah Ha! Tried to hide from me did ya'll? Didn't think I would find you, did you? [​IMG] Beware! I have the power of the Evil Silkies to help me![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Please note the Color change to my name and the new title. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
  8. okiemommy

okiemommy Mother of 5, Prisoner to None

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    Tiki, I know that the pic for the checkerboard was on the old spring swap thread, but not sure if the directions were. Skand is the one that said she was going to try that one, so she may have the directions.

9. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Quote:I joined you!

10. Scrambled Egg

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Quote:LOL!!! Chuck has gone blonde!!! All that's left is getting him in that kilt!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sara, you are welcome here anytime, hookin or chattin!!!

Glad ya'll all made it over here, should be easier for new folks to join in without a 5200 page history to not feel a part of [​IMG]

Kris, a front and back post alternating pattern is a bit frustrating, my co-worker nearly killed her family last year trying to make an afghan with that pattern!! You don't have to do fancy squares in the swap, do the ones that you like, learn the hexagons, they are so popular right now and pretty easy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by