Crochet "Chat"

My DD has decided she wants to learn to crochet.

It looks like a tangled mess, but I haven't said a word about it.
She has a weakness on her left side so it is difficult for her to hold the yarn.

Going to wait and see how she does.
fl.gif

It is a fine motor skill we never think about, but for her it is hard to keep the yarn between her fingers and hold the tail of the crochet. Will take her a lot of practice to master it.

Her scarf turned into a necklace instead. She wants to make a matching bracelet next.
clap.gif

Quote:
That is wonderful!!!!
clap.gif
I agree w/ Baustin to keep encouraging her. I wish more kids would take an interest. I feel like it is a lost art. How old is your daughter? My daughter had weak motor skills, but they improved tremendously as she grew. I wish she would take an interest in crocheting again. She got frustrated when she was younger b/c of her motor skills. I think she could do it now, b/c she makes beautiful friendship bracelets w/ hemp and embroidery thread.

Welcome to the crochet chat!
smile.png

OK, ya'll...you got me itching to start crocheting again and I picked it back up a few days ago. Has anyone done the chicken in the picture below? It may well be in this thread, but 525 pages were too much to go through!
big_smile.png

I've got it about 1/3 done and will post a pic when I'm done.

9079_sugar_and_cream_chicken.jpg

Quote:
Hey there~ Yes, I am itching to crochet too. So cute! I have a Lily's Sugar n Cream (Chicken Kitchen) pattern book that has that tea cozy in it and have been dying to try something out of it. I want to make the hot pad & market bag, but everything in the book is adorable.

Does anyone have a crochet pattern for an easy poncho? I want to make a couple of toddler sizes, 18 months and 3 toddler, for my nieces. I have looked online, but wasn't having much luck.

Thanks!

Quote:
clap.gif
YAY!!! Maybe you can help me w/ some of the patterns if I get stumped when I'm ready to try them. Aren't they cute!!! I love the egg cozy also. Esp love the market bag. I think they would make great gifts for chicken lovers.

I down loaded the free stuffed big crochet chicken pattern from Lily after you posted it b/c it's not in the pattern book. Thanks again for posting it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom