Crochet "Chat"

i like when i can memorize a pattern too but if it takes more than 5 day to complete the project it start to get bord with it. wish i wasn't that way i would love to make an afghan.
When you start to get bored with it can you set it down and go back to it later? I have made lots of afghans love to crochet but if I don't finish the project before starting another one I know I will never go back to the other one.

That's why granny square afghans are great. You do lots of little projects, every one can be different, then just put them together. You don't really get bored with it as much as say, a huge single granny square type afghan. At least, I'd guess it's that way-I did one in-the-round afghan, which didn't really take all that much time. Now, I'm just doing lots of 7" granny squares in different styles and will eventually join them into something or other. Almost as soon as I completed my afghan, we had the house fire and it got smoked up on my bedroom closet shelf. So, hopefully, the textile restoration folks were able to clean it. Hate to lose my very first one.

When you start to get bored with it can you set it down and go back to it later? I have made lots of afghans love to crochet but if I don't finish the project before starting another one I know I will never go back to the other one.
i have tried that if i put down i don't come back to it at least not for along time.

That's why granny square afghans are great. You do lots of little projects, every one can be different, then just put them together. You don't really get bored with it as much as say, a huge single granny square type afghan. At least, I'd guess it's that way-I did one in-the-round afghan, which didn't really take all that much time. Now, I'm just doing lots of 7" granny squares in different styles and will eventually join them into something or other. Almost as soon as I completed my afghan, we had the house fire and it got smoked up on my bedroom closet shelf. So, hopefully, the textile restoration folks were able to clean it. Hate to lose my very first one.
i tried a granny square one but it has been 4 years and it is still not done was planing on giving it to my brother.

not really sure where to go from here.

Uggh I am up to my ears in crochet projects! An afghan for a wedding gift, hot pads on request, other small gifts.... by the time I'm done it'll be time to start on Christmas gifts :p I really want to make myself this Ami graduation bear for myself since I'm graduating this year but I won't have the time until I graduate college! lol

I can't find the pattern I copied off the Internet for the crocheted hot pads. You can google crocheted hot pads and you can find it that way. It's a free pattern. It starts with ch 34, single crochet in second chain and continue to the end, ch 2 and crochet on the bottom end of the chain and just continue crocheting around and around with no increase until it's the right size. It looks like a canoe as you crochet it and you know you've crocheted enough when you fold the two ends over and they meet it the middle. You then sew them shut.

I've been looking at this site for next year. The club was talking about doing a hot mat swap instead of a granny square swap.

http://freevintagecrochet.com/crochet-patterns/hot-plate-mats-patterns
I can't find the pattern I copied off the Internet for the crocheted hot pads. You can google crocheted hot pads and you can find it that way. It's a free pattern. It starts with ch 34, single crochet in second chain and continue to the end, ch 2 and crochet on the bottom end of the chain and just continue crocheting around and around with no increase until it's the right size. It looks like a canoe as you crochet it and you know you've crocheted enough when you fold the two ends over and they meet it the middle. You then sew them shut.

Back
Top Bottom