Crochet "Chat"

SE, take and pound some stakes about 18 inches high, all around the pond about a foot apart. Then take monofilament fishing line and tie it across the pond from post to post. You want to weave the lines like a basket pattern. The crane will not like it.

lol ... I am soooo tired of playing single parent here. It is a total drain on my nerves. My throat hurts from screamin at them all weekend. As soon as daddy tells them to mind me (this being after I've done worn myself out trying to get them to mind, without beating them) they go off not minding again. I tell them to do something, that's a no-go. I ask, I beg, I plead, I beat.. nothing!
I think I'll go trade places with him tonight, let him put them to bed...

Quote:
Skand time to change up tactics on them. They have learned that they can push and push and push. You need to learn to tell them only once, if they don't listen then lower the boom, a good swift crack on the backside and then they go into timeout. Do not argue, discuss or debate with them. Just inform them of the new rules and then follow through with the consequences. Oh and the timeout area is someplace without any toys, games, radios, etc.
No distractions, just someplace where they can sit and think. And if they come out of the timeout area, just put them back in, without a fuss.

we need call frchuck the "chilc whisperer" now
big_smile.png
He is right but when we are home with the little ones all day long every day we tend to get lax ..I know I had three very close together and it seemed that all I was doing was yelling and getting stressed out till I changed tactics. I know, Frchuck needs to be the "supernanny" but what do we call him instead of nanny???

Skand time to change up tactics on them. They have learned that they can push and push and push. You need to learn to tell them only once, if they don't listen then lower the boom, a good swift crack on the backside and then they go into timeout. Do not argue, discuss or debate with them. Just inform them of the new rules and then follow through with the consequences. Oh and the timeout area is someplace without any toys, games, radios, etc.
No distractions, just someplace where they can sit and think. And if they come out of the timeout area, just put them back in, without a fuss.

I concur. Boundaries are what they need. They are just trying to push boundaries and see how far they can go. As annoying as it is to us, it is actually a natural learning process for them. When kids see firm boundaries(even if at first and for a while, throw a wall eyed fit) they will find security in it...even when they don't like it.

Right now with everything going on with you guys being uprooted, they are acting out more, (Pushing those boundaries more) and they are doing it b/c they need to feel more security in their uprooted world more than ever. It's really hard on them too, they just express it differently b/c they don't know how to appropriately get those feelings out. hope this helps. It works with my brood.

hugs.gif

Welcome ra!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
He is right but when we are home with the little ones all day long every day we tend to get lax ..I know I had three very close together and it seemed that all I was doing was yelling and getting stressed out till I changed tactics.

haha This is soooooooooooooooo true! lol I have to stop my tornado of emotions when the children seem to be in destroy mommy mode. It is hard sometimes. I have found that like anything, the more practice I get at it the better I get..or iow the more I remember to do it when their only mission in life seems to be to destroy.
wee.gif
wee.gif

I know they are just as stressed out as we are. We are able to see the good points of it better then they do.
We both are working on making sure that the girls know that this is not what we wanted to do, but we can still enjoy what new things this adventure holds.
We have made it a very strong point, to eat dinner as a family every night that Jim has slept over at the chrome home.
One night, we fixed dinner here, and took it to daddy, and we ate at the table. Then last night, we went and got dinner while he was here taking a shower, putting up the birds. When we got home, we ate here, then took him back there, and we came home, got showers, and they went to bed.
Since he gave them their hugs and kisses before we left, when they got in bed, I called him, and we did the tuck in routine. All was well and good, and then they started talking to each other (as they always try to do, but daddy catches them-baby moniter- and stops it. I was taking a shower, so I couldnt hear em talking. As I was out here on the puter, they decided to start in on how it's not the same with daddy not here thing, which started tears, and snot,,lots of snot....
hit.gif

Tonight, we took the stuff to make dinner over there. So we had our first all out homemade meal at the new house. Then, we got to take dirty dishes home.. yayy
hmm.png
OH! And after dinner, they got to go on a 4-wheeler ride. I thought of getting it on video.. afterwards. But, once we are there full-time, they get to do that almost daily. And ride horses too.
It's just that process of in-between with them. It's something new, they arent sure of how to handle it, and it's a new spot for me as a parent too. I have to learn something new right along with them, we all are in this togather, and we have to make it work for us all to LIVE!
barnie.gif

Caydence had a something new today. As we were picking up Jim this mornin, so he could get his tool box to work on the plumbing, one of the horses was trying to reach the greener grass on the other side of the fence...they managed to push the fence over. Jim jumped out of the van, pushed the horse back over, picked up the fence. I turned the van around, went to the owner's trailor to let them know, Caydence goes, mom, why'd daddy thump the horse on his forehead and tell him to smarten up, like he does us?
I couldnt think for a second.. he did, he pushed it back, thumped it, and did tell it to smarten up..
lau.gif

The horse just looked at him, like, But, the grass is greener on the other side...
gig.gif

Quote:
I concur. Boundaries are what they need. They are just trying to push boundaries and see how far they can go. As annoying as it is to us, it is actually a natural learning process for them. When kids see firm boundaries(even if at first and for a while, throw a wall eyed fit) they will find security in it...even when they don't like it.

Right now with everything going on with you guys being uprooted, they are acting out more, (Pushing those boundaries more) and they are doing it b/c they need to feel more security in their uprooted world more than ever. It's really hard on them too, they just express it differently b/c they don't know how to appropriately get those feelings out. hope this helps. It works with my brood.

hugs.gif

Welcome ra!
big_smile.png

I Totally
old.gif
Agree
old.gif

With me I would start with grounding, and things would also start to disappear from their rooms.
hide.gif
I had a place I locked their games up in. And toys would get boxed up and put away also. Depending on the extreme of the crime would equal the time. Not that a good healthy swat on the seat
smack.gif
didn't happen once in a while. But talk about some boys moving
wee.gif
when they knew they would lose their video games or not get swimming pool time.
Noah asked me 1 time after he got grounded for 3 days and couldn't leave the house or ride his bike. If his Dad got in this much trouble? He didn't realize getting grounded was going to be that hard to take. He just got released from being grounded from his wii for 2 days. He grumbled at Grandpa when reminded he need to feed & water the ducks, He said They aren't back up yet, so they don't need food! WRONG thing to say
rant.gif

It works for him too
thumbsup.gif
As soon as he gets home fromn the bus, duck duty and checks for eggs
clap.gif

OK I'm off my soap box
duc.gif

big_smile.png
Karan

SK I just read your post that came out ahead of mine ,,
hit.gif
Yes it is hard when things get all messed up and when you really can't make kids understand. because it's a grown up situation they get stuck in the middle of. But they know they got Mom & Dad and that is something that will never change no matter what else may get changed and messed up. Their Mom and Dad will always be THEIR Mom and Dad.

Love ya and give those girls a
hugs.gif
for me

big_smile.png
Karan

Last edited:
Quote:
well normally I would say green egg..yuck, can't be good, but in this case....good for you!
clap.gif
D.gif

Oh Tiki, I know what you mean about ungreatful little twirps! The parents can be just as bad!!!
smack.gif
However, they are good about somethings I make. Such as the new baby gets an afghan, course the parent picks it out for me to make. Speaking of which my oldest daughter went to the doctor today. They did a ultrasound again. For SURE it is another BOY. He wasn't hiding ANYTHING this time!
lol.png
ep.gif
They also was measuring for weight & said right now he weighs 6 lbs 7 ozs!
ep.gif
He is 91% bigger than other babys at this time! She has another month to go! No wonder she is complaining she hurts all over!
hugs.gif

Quote:
First off, yes Karan congrats!!!
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif

My kids knew when I started screaming, thier poop was in the wind! Course so did hubby! Or if I would say, thats IT wait til your dad gets here! Boy did they stop, run...something.
somad.gif
I wouldn't have dared to drink for fear I would have did something more stupid! Skand I was going to add more after every one else, but then I read your part of "it's not the same with daddy not here". Made me back up & delete a bunch. You all just hang in there, you are doing great. Stressful & uncertain time for all.
hugs.gif
Sure had to laugh at what daddy did to the horse though!
gig.gif
Karan, boxing up the toys reminded me of my husband. He would say he's going to box the toys up, & hide them & give them to them next year for Christmas.
smack.gif
Course he never did.

Awesome work ra!
thumbsup.gif
& WELCOME to our crazy corner!!

Queen, I Hate to wait!
th.gif
what a sneeky thing to do to us!
ep.gif
smack.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif

Quote:
Well that could be fun to watch too. Add some chaps, boots...
gig.gif
droolin.gif

Lovemychix, so glad you had a good birthday!
ya.gif

LC...Cute avatar!
yippiechickie.gif
The puppies are so adorable!
love.gif
& the views of snow, so pretty. We get snow, but it's not pretty...maybe cause it is ours!
lol.png

Quote:
Like me!!
smile.png
Cute names too.

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif
Sorry SE, I just had to laugh. I know it's not funny. I know...
smack.gif
hide.gif

welcome-byc.gif
why hello bantamgal!!! Welcome & enjoy our crazy corner!!
celebrate.gif
Looks like I am the only one up late enough to welcome you, but them bright eyed gals will be coming in soon! We have a couple guys too, not sure if they are night owls, bright eyed or somewhere in between!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom