crock pot pulled pork BBQ

tpflabs

Songster
12 Years
Oct 20, 2007
Metamora, Illinois
Help!!
I am in charge of bringing this in on Saturday for the Lunch buffet at the dog show!!
Can anyone give me their favorite recipe for theirs please!!
I would love to do this in the crock pot, on Friday if at all possible, and take it down Saturday in that..
thanks so much!!

Hi! I usually use the country style pork ribs with our without the bone, or, a pork shoulder roast in the crockpot. Just place the pork in there, dump in your favorite bottle of BBQ sauce, and walla! We use the Kraft Honey flavored BBQ sauce. HTH!

Oh, and after it's done cooking (all day on low), I would pull the meat out, pull it apart, remove any fatty bits/bone, and then put it back in before serving just warm it up.

Tamara

Last edited:
I've never made pulled pork in a crock pot, I've made it in my roaster but I'm sure it can be done in a crock pot will just take longer to cook. You need to first make sure your pork gets cooked til it is easy to pull apart with a fork. Probably 6-8 hours on high would be my guessimate. I cook pork roasts from a butchered hog we get yearly. I put enough water in the pan to cover the bottom of the roast but not cover the roast. Once it's easy to shred, then drain the liquid (reserve for ham & bean soup) and shred it with two forks and cover it with bbq sauce. Let it cook for about an hour or maybe longer in the crock pot until the sauce blends into the meat well. We just did this last night with leftover roast, I let it simmer on the stove with bbq sauce about a half hour (my children were impatient!) Still sooo yummy! Good Luck!!

Last edited:
put a pork shoulder roast in the crock pot you don't have to add water put it on low heat do this the night before at bed time let it cook all night. next morning take roast out drain all fat pull your pork apart add your favorite bbq sauce we use Sweet Baby Rays MMMMMMMMMM. let it heat for about 20 -30 min. it is wonderful

Quote:
This is the same thing I do, except I use Kraft "Spicy Honey" bbq sauce as it's my BF's favorite.

Yum... may have to make it this week now hehehee

Nancy

ok thanks soo much,
love.gif

sounds soo good..

I use a pork butt too,I rub it all over with spice, slice some onions, put on top and a bit of water. Right into the crock pot for 8hrs +-. I always do it the day before...Yum

I always use my pressure cooker! Then I keep it on low with BBQ sauce at the venue. I like Sonny's sweet BBQ sauce.
Have fun at the dog show and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom