Crockpot Incubator Saga III: Shipped Quails Eggs...?!

Pics
Hmm, curly toes just passed. He was completely active just 2 hours ago. It’s been kind of a weird experience for me. I haven’t lost many chicks before, just two, one sick day old from tsc, and the weak hatchling from Paint’s first clutch. I also once lost a guinea keet who was chilled and trampled by some slightly older keets. So they always were sickly, lethargic etc. I haven’t had any just drop dead for seemingly no reason 😅

I’m going to lurk the quail forums to see if this is a common occurrence.

Hmm, curly toes just passed. He was completely active just 2 hours ago. It’s been kind of a weird experience for me. I haven’t lost many chicks before, just two, one sick day old from tsc, and the weak hatchling from Paint’s first clutch. I also once lost a guinea keet who was chilled and trampled by some slightly older keets. So they always were sickly, lethargic etc. I haven’t had any just drop dead for seemingly no reason 😅

I’m going to lurk the quail forums to see if this is a common occurrence.
I'm sorry.:(:( I hope that you find something about it. I have had chicks randomly drop dead before but only a couple times.;)

I'm sorry.:(:( I hope that you find something about it. I have had chicks randomly drop dead before but only a couple times.;)
Chicken chicks are pretty resilient, I don’t exactly helicopter them, and they are completely fine on their own.

Guinea keets were also easy to raise...

I wonder if the feed could be the problem, the bag I’m using has been around for 2 months, it usually takes that long for my chickens to finish a bag of feed.

Or maybe it’s the well water? I’ve kept their water pretty clean, it’s one of those pareot feeders with a very small opening. they still manage to poop in it though, lol. Should I used bottled water? 🤔

I’ll switch out for some new feed I bought today just in case and hopefully won’t see anymore sudden deaths. :fl

Chicken chicks are pretty resilient, I don’t exactly helicopter them, and they are completely fine on their own.

Guinea keets were also easy to raise...

I wonder if the feed could be the problem, the bag I’m using has been around for 2 months, it usually takes that long for my chickens to finish a bag of feed.

Or maybe it’s the well water? I’ve kept their water pretty clean, it’s one of those pareot feeders with a very small opening. they still manage to poop in it though, lol. Should I used bottled water? 🤔

I’ll switch out for some new feed I bought today just in case and hopefully won’t see anymore sudden deaths. :fl
I don't know anything about quails but my chickens are fine with 2 months old-ish feed and well water. It's probably just birth defects I would guess. ;) You can switch out there feed just as case though.

I don't know anything about quails but my chickens are fine with 2 months old-ish feed and well water. It's probably just birth defects I would guess. ;) You can switch out there feed just as case though.
I did! Thanks for the kind words 🥺 I can’t wait until they’re all grown and hardy like the internet promised they will be, I’m really not good at the whole taking care of sickly/disabled animal thing😬

I did! Thanks for the kind words 🥺 I can’t wait until they’re all grown and hardy like the internet promised they will be, I’m really not good at the whole taking care of sickly/disabled animal thing😬
Ok! You're welcome! 🥰 Yeah I can't wait either. Me neither honestly. It's normally my sister that takes care of them/treats them while I just watch or hold the bird or whatever it is.;)

Starting to look like mini adults already 😱

A5436C29-C794-4D66-8B1A-9E587FE4A746.jpeg

same bird just a week ago...
46613ED4-9AFD-4D06-9050-3FB733040B25.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom