Crop is huge and feels soft and full of fluids not solid?

reondo63

Chirping
12 Years
Jan 17, 2009
gunnison
My Astrolorp has been lethargic for a few days and her crop is very large and feels like it is full of fluids. I've been massaging it and can hear fluid in there. I got her to bring up quite a bit of fluid and thought I almost killed her. She sounded like she was aspirating and wasn't looking like she was going too make it. I'm happy to say she's ok at the moment. What can I do to get her to bring up the fluids and not drown her? Also how do I get her to take any fluids? Or shouldn't I?

Last edited:
My girl seems to be doing much better. After lottsa TLC... ACV, coke, grapes, bread with olive oil, and massaging her crop she's back outside and we have our bathroom back. The mass is much, much smaller and she seems to be eating and drink now. I'm hoping that it doesn't happen again. Time will tell. I love that soo many people care and are willing to share their experiences with others. Thank you.

That is so good to hear!! I have a gal i went through with that, and she hasn't had another case of it, sometimes its just something like too much grass getting wound up in there- yes- BYC is the friendliest place!

Back
Top Bottom