Crop issue, diarrhea ??? Help please

I wonder if she may be molting as well as I see baby feathers under fluff and lots of scales from feather shafts.

I'd second deworming her. I read an article on sour crop recently in a Veterinary Journal. It said in a large number of birds suffering from crop issues, the root cause of the crop issue is a large intestinal worm population slowing down the GI tract. They said, getting rid of the worms, solves the crop issues. If you haven't dewormed in a year, it might be good to do them all.

I'd second deworming her. I read an article on sour crop recently in a Veterinary Journal. It said in a large number of birds suffering from crop issues, the root cause of the crop issue is a large intestinal worm population slowing down the GI tract. They said, getting rid of the worms, solves the crop issues. If you haven't dewormed in a year, it might be good to do them all.
Thank you. I’ve never wormed them before. The feed store where I live only sells homeopathic wormer. Can I order safeguard or something on Chewy?
The others don’t show any signs of worms. Would they show signs too?

I was able to get Big Jumper to take .25 cc miconozole by wiping it on some bagel and she gobbled it up. She has been reluctant to eat any scrambled egg or soft wet feed today. She had a few live grubs, some apple and some bagel and drank tons of water. She has been outside in the warm sun with the others most of the day. Sleeping a lot with short periods of activity. I want to keep her weight up. Any ideas for other super foods that I can offer her while treating this crop issue? Can I deworm at same time?

Thank you. I’ve never wormed them before. The feed store where I live only sells homeopathic wormer. Can I order safeguard or something on Chewy?
The others don’t show any signs of worms. Would they show signs too?

I was able to get Big Jumper to take .25 cc miconozole by wiping it on some bagel and she gobbled it up. She has been reluctant to eat any scrambled egg or soft wet feed today. She had a few live grubs, some apple and some bagel and drank tons of water. She has been outside in the warm sun with the others most of the day. Sleeping a lot with short periods of activity. I want to keep her weight up. Any ideas for other super foods that I can offer her while treating this crop issue? Can I deworm at same time?
You can deworm at the same time.

I would leave her with the wet feed and/or dry normal feed, try to encourage her. Limit anything hard to process, especially with birds that are having crop issues.

You can find Safeguard liquid goat dewormer or equine paste at feed stores like TSC or order online through Chewy or Amazon.

So a few new things. Big Jumper walked to coop on own yesterday from our porch so she spent all day there, sleeping a lot in the sun.
Yesterday eve we had dinner plans so I brought her inside early and set her up with wet feed with some scrambled eggs and oats on top to entice her. When we got home it was dark and I forgot to pick up feed. This morning, all the food was gone. There were two solid poops for the first time and several diarrhea poops. Her crop had good in it so not sure if she ate it last night, this morning or both. She ate the miconozole on a bagel again. Then kinda tucked tail and has been sleeping all morning and stays wherever I put her. She has had several milky diarrhea poops. Is that the meds?
I was excited about the formed poops but her behavior this morning and weird milky water poip takes my hope away again. Any thoughts?

The milky poops could be the Miconazole.

I'd see how it goes over the next few days.
Thank you for your continued help and support! It has been soooooo helpful!!! I found out I can get goat wormer at the local feed store. They were so unhelpful when I asked for chicken wormer the other day. It will be open tomorrow. What is the right dose she barely weighs a pound if that? I probably should work the rest of them even if they don’t show any symptoms or distress right? Any ideas on how to worm a very beautiful but non touchable rooster??

Back
Top Bottom