crop problem, need urgent help with my beloved rooster

Pics
Since he's behaving normally and wants to go outside, that might be good for him.

If this gurgle continues and he's behaving well and is happy and eating and pooping as he's been for the past couple of days, then there may be a harmless cyst in his esophagus acting as a small obstruction.

Behavior is the most reliable indication of health and well being.
you have no idea how happy I will be to hear that !!

the plan is like this, I give him the molasses tomorrow morning, (if his crop is not empty) and then I wait a few hours and see how it goes. and then he gets to go out to his beloved girls.

BUT I'm afraid of what it's like to let him back together with his four girls?
it's not like a hen released with hens, is it? I have a hen with real weight, who is the boss, no one dares to do anything to her, not even Ttorsten and I am afraid if she will attack him? is it common? I have no experience of putting roosters together with chickens.

You will be right there when the reunion occurs. My guess is the girls will be every bit as excited to see him as he will be to see them. But if this boss hen starts to give him grief, peck her on the back with your finger. If that doesn't stop her, then pick her up and hold her while the rest of the girls reunite with him. Holding an aggressive chicken until they calm down usually diffuses the situation.

You will be right there when the reunion occurs. My guess is the girls will be every bit as excited to see him as he will be to see them. But if this boss hen starts to give him grief, peck her on the back with your finger. If that doesn't stop her, then pick her up and hold her while the rest of the girls reunite with him. Holding an aggressive chicken until they calm down usually diffuses the situation.
okay, I will definitely be with them all the time, and most likely be with them all day :)

but I have some questions:

1. what will happen now that he will be able to eat grass? there is grass in their yard ..

2. What do I do if his crop will never be emptied?

3. if now the salt water and molasses do not help him to empty his crop, should I just leave him without treatment then?

Geez how happy I am that he will hopefully be able to move out again but oh what I will miss having him in here, we spend all days together cuddling

Let him eat what he wishes, but watch to see he isn't spending all his time grazing like a sheep. That would indicate a fixation on grass and it would be explain his crop issues.

Let's see how his crop behaves over the next day or two. That will let us know if we need to do anything more. Check the crop each morning before he eats or drinks to get an accurate idea of how well his crop is emptying.

A0540627-6BBF-4D79-BAE3-571A6E3603DD.jpeg

so today is the day he should get out to his girls.
he knew it when he woke up this morning, really excited.

but then I lay on the floor with him and look at my sweet boy, he fell asleep on me and there we lay for a long time.
as I love you my fighter.

Also, he’s crop was very little this morning, smaller than it just to be when it’s small. And that I take as an good sign my boy is ready to move out again.
I will update on how it’s going , and @azygous what would I have done without your help, I am so grateful for everything, all of your advices and that you have been taken your time to help my Torsten, that means a lot to me!
so thank you so much!
I will update later during the day just so you know have it’s been going for him to meet he’s girls :)

Back
Top Bottom