crossbeak?

It will be hard to cull her if you fall in love with a special chicken.. they are special for a reason.. mine is soo sweet, lets me pet her and pick her up easy.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/5848240/width/200/height/400[/IMG

What should I do? She is eating and drinking fine, I'm just nervous about when she gets older. Btw she is 7 weeks old.

This is PITA ( pain in the but). What should I do about the crossed beak.

Last edited:
I'm so still concerned for mine! Yours is nothing compared to my poor bird.. As a general rule, I say if she's eating and drinking on her own they're okay..... idk if mines recogonizing me more and as soon as she sees me gets excited as I'm always with food but mine seems more hungry... idk..!! I'm worried! :< I think the only thing to do is wait and see how they progress.. essentially if they can make it to adulthood without being skin and bones than they should be good I'm thinking right?

This is PITA ( pain in the but). What should I do about the crossed beak.

That is a very minor crossbeak. Make a wet mash out of chick feed water and put some liquid multivitamins without iron let it sit add more liquid and some plain yogurt. Make it so it is kind of sloppy put it in a deep bowl. That way they get extra liquid and the vitamins help and the yogurt is good for digestion. Feed separately as all the chickens love the wet mash.:plbb

Don't forget to trim her beak about once a month. This is very important because it can get worse as they get older if not trimmed regularly. I also have a cross beak and I've been trimming her beak once a month since she was a chick. She's a little over a year old now. this trimming has helped keep her
crossbeak fairly mild. She is exactly like your bird.
started out with a beak just like yours. She's still
crossed beak but the trimming really helps. Also
feeding wet mash just regular layer moistened with
water. Watch your birds weight closely if just given
hard seed they can get quite thin. I also supplement
with oatmeal and scrambled eggs. also vitamins B A
D and E once a month. My little special girl is a gift
from God. She's the best chicken any one could ask
for. With a little help on your part with soft foods
vitamins and beak trimming she will be just fine. Just
like a normal chicken. But don't ignore the
crossbeak because it can get out of hand if ignored.

I never had cross beak but I did have a special needs. We lost her last Monday. She was partially blind and was practically "help less" without guidance from her best friend. I miss her so much. Everyday I got there hoping to see her. Sorry for loss. I know how you feel. :(

Back
Top Bottom