crossing khakis and indian runner?

I have crossed appleyard and choc runner and the color is beautiful weird but beautiful and he still looks like and acts like a runner . I think the khaki and runner would be good I have one khaki and two buffs in with my runners so I am sure I will end up with some as I keep hatching. I have two runners sitting on their eggs how weird is that ? What color of runner do you have?

Khakis were originally developed from the Runner, so most likely you'll get a Campbell with stronger-than-usual Runner traits. Laying ability may be better, worse, or about the same--it's hard to tell until you try it. Color is hard to judge too--if you have a copy of Holderread's duck book, he has a section on "understanding color" that includes genetic background on all the colors--combined with some rudimentary understanding of how genes work, you can probably figure out what your colors are likely to be.

Have fun. I love crossing and seeing what I end up with. I wanted to do some magpie/Runner crosses this summer, but I need to build up my pure magpie flock before I start diluting their genes.

hello

I want to talk about this!!

I think that I have a cross
i was told so but the language problem..
anywho...
what do think??

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-28 at 2.57.33 PM.jpeg

If you have followed us- they are 3 months on March 12-
Gotta figure out eggs, incubating.......on and on....

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-01-10 at 3.46.54 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-01-10 at 3.46.54 PM.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 173

Back
Top Bottom