Crossroads of America Poultry Show: APA/ABA Joint National 2011

• I will be attending as a spectator.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will be attending as an exhibitor.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I will not be able to attend.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm wanting golden laced polish and golden laced cochins does anybody know if somebody at Crossroads of America will have some?

Last edited:
We have contacted a reputable seller and he is willing to hold some birds for us at the show. We have a friend who is willing to pick them up.

However, I am starting to wonder if we should go down and pick them up ourselves. I do not think we could afford to stay for the entire show.

Is there a "Best day" to visit the show as an observer? We are mostly interested in large breed chickens, primarily American and English.

I am a member of a new group that is working to move a regional chicken show (1000 to 1200 entries) to our village Fairgrounds. Would going to this show educate me, or scare me away from the project? Are there specific people I should try to talk to?

Quote:
Your best bet really is to contact the sellers that are going and have them bring birds just for you, reserved in your name. Of course, you should bring extra cages for the birds you didn't even know you wanted!

This is the very best way to get good birds.

Walt

Quote:
I would recommend going on Friday and or Sat before noon. The show starts Friday so all birds and exhibitors will be there and not yet worn out and looking good. You won't know who did well in their classes until later Friday to mid day on Sat. It lists the show as Sunday but after the awards we will all break down as soon as we can to get home( perhaps by noon).

Hi everyone! I live in Florida and there would be no way for me attend this show unfortunately.
sad.png
However, is there anyone here that is going and would be willing to be a scout for me?? I am looking for Porcelain d'Uccle breeders and would need their contact info sent to me. I am very serious about this, and would so greatly appreciate any help that you can offer me! Please email me if you might be able to help me out! Thanks so much!

The American Orpington Poultry Fanciers will soon be announcing a very special award for British Type Orpingtons. Its value will be worth $100. We are not at liberty to state the specifics yet, but the award will go towards the best British type Orpington shown at Crossroads. It will be judged to the British Standard. So load up your British type Orpingtons and bring them all to Crossroads! We urge others to join with us in providing awards to both American and British type Orpingtons at this huge joint National poultry show in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Jim Hall, President
Jeff Thornton, Vice President
American Orpington Poultry Fanciers

Quote:
I didn't receive my August issue.
hit.gif
I tried to call them today and received a recording where I couldn't leave a message. Anyone have another way of getting in touch with them? Email maybe. I just renewed my subscription (and the check was cashed). No complaints...I just really NEED that issue.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom