"Crowing" hens? Weird sinuses?

horscraz

In the Brooder
Sep 17, 2020
North Central, WY
I've had a few hens crow also. They often sound weird when they do it, like they have a cold or just don't really know quite how. For mine it has always been a short lived thing, and then they stop.
Our Andalusian 'crowed' all the time. It was so funny to hear, especially when you know she is a 'she'. You start doubting yourself.

LaFleche

Crowing
Sep 22, 2012
Germany
So can you tell me exact proportions with honey instead of aniseed?
I always make a strong tea using the ingredients for 1-1,5 litre as follows:

4 tablespoons or teabags of oregano
4 tablespoons or teabags of thyme
2 tablespoons or teabags of sage
1 tablespoon or teabag of aniseed or
2 tablespoons or teabags of fennel

Instead of aniseed or fennel you can use 1 tablespoon of honey and mix well.

Let steep for 3 hours before serving. They might have to get used to it, so observe them closely in case they need some more water in the mix for dilution.

My chickens love their tea dark and strong and are used to drink it right from the start. I do not give it every day, but as a preventative once an week works well.

KranK

Chirping
Jul 13, 2020
Poland
I always make a strong tea using the ingredients for 1-1,5 litre as follows:

4 tablespoons or teabags of oregano
4 tablespoons or teabags of thyme
2 tablespoons or teabags of sage
1 tablespoon or teabag of aniseed or
2 tablespoons or teabags of fennel

Instead of aniseed or fennel you can use 1 tablespoon of honey and mix well.

Let steep for 3 hours before serving. They might have to get used to it, so observe them closely in case they need some more water in the mix for dilution.

My chickens love their tea dark and strong and are used to drink it right from the start. I do not give it every day, but as a preventative once an week works well.
thanks, gotta try

KranK

Chirping
Jul 13, 2020
Poland
The eyes should be cleaned twice a day with the saline. It can also be used on nostrils to clean off any crust or drainage. How are the sick ones doing?
I cant really do it twice a day because i can only grab her when she is roosting. I do it everyday. I dont think somethink has became worse. No symptoms in other chickens. The laying one doesnt have foamy eyes and nasal discharge, just "crows".

KranK

Chirping
Jul 13, 2020
Poland
The eyes should be cleaned twice a day with the saline. It can also be used on nostrils to clean off any crust or drainage. How are the sick ones doing?
How do i clean the nostrils? I usuallu take the dried discharge with nail carefully.

KranK

Chirping
Jul 13, 2020
Poland
Btw i heard about essential oils. Ive got tea tree oil. Could it help her and if so, how do i use it

Top Bottom