Crowntail Betta!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rodriguezpoultry, Nov 14, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I had been thinking about getting a new betta fish for my bamboo bowl. It's just they cost about $10 at PetSmart and the Wal-Mart's in Fville don't carry fish. SOOO, as I was home this weekend, I picked up this beauty!

Look like your typical Betta fish here:
    [​IMG]

But when the light hits him in the bathroom...

[​IMG]

I'm so proud of my find! He was in this gross water and is now enjoying flashing his handsome self in the mirror! [​IMG]

2. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    He is beautiful! I never saw a beta fish with a tail like that... Always fancy, but not that fancy [​IMG]

3. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful crowntail! They're my favorite kind of bettas, so I've made sure they're the ONLY ones we sell at the petstore I work at! [​IMG] yours is lovely.

4. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2009
    Portland, Oregon
    That's a very nice looking Beta.

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    That's one beautiful crowntail! Looks like he will fill in a bit too. I have one at home in a ten gallon tank and he just loves all the space. I really do love bettas! My next will be a super delta. I think those are AWESOME!

6. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    I've been tempted to get a few bettas, i love them. Just don't really got the money to care for fish too! He's a beauty Rod!

-Daniel.

7. annanicole18

annanicole18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    USA
    what a crazy tail! i have never seen a betta like that all our petsmarts just suck and carry the normal ones. i would so have one of those if i could ever find one

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I couldn't believe Wal-Mart had him! I was being tempted by another purple-colored one, but the white bodies usually aren't my style. Then I picked up this cloudy betta bowl and saw shiny...had to have! [​IMG]

I kind of like the double-tailed bettas, but I'd have to get one of those from a breeder.

This one is pretty aggressive. While I was taking photos I was having issues getting him to look away from me. Angry fish! lol Thank you for all the sweet compliments!

9. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    He's a beauty! I was able to keep a female Betta alive for over 4 years. The secret... I bought one of the little 1 gallon aquariums that has a pump ($10 at Walmart) and about once a month or so I would change about 1/4 of the water using ONLY spring water bought from the store, never my tap water, even though I'm on a well. Also, I would add a tiny bit of Stress Coat to the water after changing it. Finally, I only fed her a few pellets of this food every 2 to 3 days. A woman who owned a pet store had an old Betta and advised me to do this. It worked! Best wishes to you! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  10. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aren't they gorgeous!! I love them, and think its so sad they are such fighters they have to live their life virtually alone. I did have one in our big aquarium, with just guppies and little tetras and the like and he was fine. He was in shock the first week because he couldn't believe the 40 gallons of space he had to roam in! Ha. You definitely have a winner!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by