Crushed chicks

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chicken Kate, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Chicken Kate

Chicken Kate Chirping

Bad situation random snow storm showed up, fell through the roof (not sure how or why) i walked out to check on chicks. The brooder box was soaking wet and two chicks close to death by being trampled on. I ran them to the blow dryer. Both are alive and now chriping and trying to walk..please look at my EE foot, what can i do to fix her foot. The other was Covered in wet wood chips, i have to keep wiping her down. She is off balance obviously..but okish. Im wondering how to fix the foot.

2. Chicken Kate

Chicken Kate Chirping

Would help to post picture lol

Attached Files:

3. morganalefae

morganalefae Head nut at the nut house

May 2, 2017
    Leicestershire UK
    does the one foot stay curled up like that? and I'm so sorry that happend to you I'm sure you bout had a heart attack goodness know I would be close.

Farmgal101 likes this.
  4. morganalefae

May 2, 2017
    Leicestershire UK
    Wyorp Rock and coach723 like this.
  5. Farm life101

Farm life101 Songster

Jan 9, 2018
    Florida
    How old are they? Most of the time they will be fine depending on age. I have had many chicks with broken toes or legs and they healed fine. This one might have a permanent limp though.

6. Chicken Kate

Chicken Kate Chirping

Yes it does. It didn't before the accident. Thank you very much. Ha oh yeah i almost broke the glass door trying to get into the house...i was moving lol.

7. Chicken Kate

Chicken Kate Chirping

8. Chicken Kate

Chicken Kate Chirping

The limp i am OK as long as she cam walk. Lol she is about 2 weeks old.

9. morganalefae

May 2, 2017
    Leicestershire UK
    I'm glad I could be of some help to you Chicken Kat I hope it works! let us know how she get on?

10. Farm life101

Farm life101 Songster

Jan 9, 2018
    Florida
    I think it should heal within a month but if not let me know or post another thread

DaviJones likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: