CT Peeps Get-Together DERBY CT Oct. 1 11am-4pm

Ohhh, One last thought/suggestion!!

I think that we should consider having everyone spray anything that has been exposed to chickens with Oxine or Lysol, and bring hand sanitzer. Spraying Including shoes (possible wear shoes that have not been exposed to your flock and ones you will not expose again after leaving etc....) Cages, Waterers, Feeders, etc. Of course be wise about spraying near the birds but, Oxine diluted can be misted near the flock without harming them.

I say this b/c this is Tina's house where she keeps her flock for her kids to love and show. I would hate to have anyone bring any kinda virus, bactria, parasites, etc....

Thoughts?

I was going to ask if anyone would be offended if I had a couple spray bottles of Oxine ready and required disinfecting. I do let my chooks "free range" in our little yard, too... and although I do hose down the yard each evening to disolve the poo, biosecurity is always in order. (as is a CORN ON THE COB! BooooYah!)

Luke13:34 :

I was going to ask if anyone would be offended if I had a couple spray bottles of Oxine ready and required disinfecting. I do let my chooks "free range" in our little yard, too... and although I do hose down the yard each evening to disolve the poo, biosecurity is always in order. (as is a CORN ON THE COB! BooooYah!)

If your chicks are anything like ours they wil be very excited for corn on the cob.biosecurity is always a good idea​

I replied in another thread, but we will be there with bells on! Possibly with a young silkie rooster (who still doesn't crow loudly....yet), blue patridge from Beth's Hattrick bloodlines. He has a crossed beak, he's very affectionate, and a real snuggle bunny. We are totally on board with the whole sanitizing the shoes, etc, we have our own little backyard flock, so understand the need for caution.

frow.gif

Well Oct 1st is getting closer and closer. I can't wait to meet up with everyone and have a great time chatting chickens
smile.png

I wanted to put out I am selling off stock that did not meet my breeding standards for next years off spring. I will list the breeds I have available and feel free to send me an email to inquire. I might not bring birds unless I know I have a buyer as to not expose them and then have to bring them back and QT them for 4-5 weeks is tough on them.

I'm posting here and on the CT forum so I apologize if I over post but, I want to make sure everyone sees
big_smile.png

I will have:

Orpingtons: Various
Golden Cuckoo Project Maran: pair Pullet 11 months old, cockrel 4 months old
Bantie Cochin: Red Columbian Pair both 6-7 months old and Mille Fleur pullets
Silkies: I haven't decided on them yet. It's very hard to make a decision b/c they are all sooo cute!!!
Asiatic Black Cochins: Show Quality 2 Pullets absolutely gorgeous.
True Ameraucanas: One Pair of Blacks 2-3 months of age
Lavender Ameraucana Rooster
A couple of Mutt Pullets
Barred Rock Pullets 4 months old
Indian Runner Ducks

Remember Folks all of my birds are these are private breeding stock not the ones you get from the hatchery
wink.png
They all come with a clean bill of health and paperwork from August showing you negative results for both Salmonella Pullurom and Avian Influenza.

Please email me for pics or further questions.

Thanks!
Beth

The girls are very excited to go.is anyone bringing buns or should we pick some up.are u still looking for hatching eggs? It should be a great day long ride for us but will be well worth it.

thumbsup.gif
Sooooo glad you are all coming!!!

I don't know about the buns but, I'm bringing a bunch of freshly picked sweet corn and the pot and cooker to do it outside. I'll grab the butter salt and pepper too.

Can't wait
yippiechickie.gif
I'm so glad Tina was able to do this for all of us b/c I've never been to a get together in CT. Seems Like I have to drive 2+ hours to get to another state to have fun at a BYC get together.

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
Thank you again Tina for doing this
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Quote:

Hi Everyone,

I have a friend with some really nice looking Pet quality Buff Silkie Cockrels. If interested please pop me an email and I will get you in touch with the person
smile.png

Thanks,
Beth

We will be providing buns, condiments, plates, cups, cutlery, Whole Foods Brand soda (sorry, my dd's are only allowed natural soda..feel free to bring your favorite brand, but don't let my kids have any!) and lemonade. I will also have some uncured nitrate/nitrite-free hot dogs and a big pot of baked beans. The girls also want to make chocolate chip cookies.

Anyone want to bring potato salad? other deserts? chips?

We have about 20-25 people who have responded so far. Not everyone has said how many spouses and children or what food they will be bringing.

Should be a fun little group and it's supposed to be sunny!! Next year.. a little bigger.. the year after - we TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD! (narf!)

Yeah.. bring the hatching eggs!

Nice I love B.B.'s!!!
woot.gif

Luke13:34 :

We will be providing buns, condiments, plates, cups, cutlery, Whole Foods Brand soda (sorry, my dd's are only allowed natural soda..feel free to bring your favorite brand, but don't let my kids have any!) and lemonade. I will also have some uncured nitrate/nitrite-free hot dogs and a big pot of baked beans. The girls also want to make chocolate chip cookies.

Anyone want to bring potato salad? other deserts? chips?

We have about 20-25 people who have responded so far. Not everyone has said how many spouses and children or what food they will be bringing.

Should be a fun little group and it's supposed to be sunny!! Next year.. a little bigger.. the year after - we TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD! (narf!)

Yeah.. bring the hatching eggs!​

Back
Top Bottom