CT Peeps Get-Together DERBY CT Oct. 1 11am-4pm

Luke13:34

Songster
9 Years
Aug 3, 2010
The Naugatuck Valley
Come to the CT Peeps Get-Together (non-CT Peeps welcome!)

October 1, 2011 11am - 4pm

Bring a dish to share for our pot-luck lunch and something for the grill for your own family. Games and Fun for the KIDDIES!

THE FIRST ANNUAL CHICKEN DERBY!
See the amazing racing chickens! (field is closed - no outside runners)
Can newcomer-to-the-field Pippa beat out proven-winner EJ?

While this is NOT an official "swap" or "chickenstock".. we will have the garage cleared out for anyone wanting to bring birds to sell/give away and/or other chicken-related items. See notes below.

1. PLEASE let me know if you are bringing a rooster. Roosters are not really allowed in our town and special arrangements may need to be made if we have too many roos bugging my neighbors.
2. All birds must be tested. Bring proof (and copies of proof to give to buyers).
3. All birds must be caged. If possible, bring a card table to put your cage on.
4. Let me know if you need electricity for a heat lamp for babies.
5. Feel free to sell other items chicken/homestead related. Bring your own card table to put these items on.

ITEMS WE NEED: please let me know if you can provide any of the following

extra card tables for eating on
lawn chairs
non-paper feed sacks (like Purina brand - to be used for sack races)
items for a raffle
small gazebo-style tents in case it rains

Address: 59 Cottage St, Derby CT. PM for directions.. your GPS will lead you astray.

RSVP below!

Last edited:
we will start saving feed sacs.what were you thinking about for the raffle?if you want i can pick up a case of burgers from my work will be 40 4oz burgers we can bring brownie bites an penutbutter blosom cookies for the pot luck part.we wont be bringing any roos have a few black an blue orpington pullets we may bring to sell not sure what we will have left.we may have a few little ones to sell that will be hatching by our broodys the 3rd week of sept.cant wait little blue,bella an i will be coming an i am sure my wife will come aswell.

Sounds interesting! Definitely subscribing to this topic. Gotta check with the other half, see if he's working that weekend, if we want to drive "all that way" (I always wonder how people from bigger states do that kinda thing) etc....

if anyone is interested in orp chicks i have a few broodys on nest.they will be around a week old on oct 1st.dont know how many will hatch we have white,buff,blue an black hens with black an blue roos.alot of the birds have some english bloodlines these orps will be huge.

Jimmythechicken.. that would be great if you can bring burgers! For the raffle.. I'm open to whatever ideas people may have (fertile eggs, a knitted chicken hat, a bag of feed/treats, 10 acres of land..)

Nic&Chickies.. hope you can make it!

Luke13:34 :

Jimmythechicken.. that would be great if you can bring burgers! For the raffle.. I'm open to whatever ideas people may have (fertile eggs, a knitted chicken hat, a bag of feed/treats, 10 acres of land..)

Nic&Chickies.. hope you can make it!

Will bring the box of burgers no problem we could donate some hatching eggs or if qe have aome we could donate some chicks​

frow.gif

You all know I will be there
wink.png

I can bring Fresh Picked Corn on the Cob as long as it's still producing from the farm then. I have a big pot, burner, and S & P + Butter
celebrate.gif

Also, I will bring some hatching eggs to the raffle. Hopefully the Silkie, Cochins, and Araucana's will be laying well then
fl.gif

I may be late but, will be there!!

Back
Top Bottom